News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Frequency and consistent branding key to YouTube brand marketing success
Consistent branding and frequency are key to building a brand following on the world's most popular video sharing platform, according to YouTube marketing software firm Pixability.
The world's top 100 brands are using YouTube as an effective marketing tool to build their brands and following. Pixability's recent study reveals certain aspects of how and what those brands produce and post.
Key to building a brand following on YouTube is frequency, found the research. A constant stream of content is vital, and those videos don't need to be of a high quality, they just need to keep coming and be consistently branded.
According to Pixability, the top 100 global brands post an average of 78 videos each month, although some of the top media brands post far more - close to 500 videos each month.
"This report is applicable to everyone in brands, agencies, or anyone else who's using video to deliver a message and engage an audience," says Rob Ciampa, VP of sales and marketing at Pixability and co-author of the report. "We're finding that YouTube is the great marketing democratizer. The information that we distilled in the report findings are relevant to any company, whether a top 100 global brand or a top 10 local plumber."
Other findings from the research include:
- Link videos to wider marketing campaign activity;
- Adding more content is more important than adding more channels;
- Focus on sharing content via social media;
- Pay close attention to SEO.
"The best brands and marketers understand YouTube and treat it differently to get stellar results," added Ciampa. "The ones who don't? They end up back in the legacy marketing world wondering why their customers are somewhere else, such as a competitor's YouTube channel."
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...