News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Frequency and consistent branding key to YouTube brand marketing success
Consistent branding and frequency are key to building a brand following on the world's most popular video sharing platform, according to YouTube marketing software firm Pixability.
The world's top 100 brands are using YouTube as an effective marketing tool to build their brands and following. Pixability's recent study reveals certain aspects of how and what those brands produce and post.
Key to building a brand following on YouTube is frequency, found the research. A constant stream of content is vital, and those videos don't need to be of a high quality, they just need to keep coming and be consistently branded.
According to Pixability, the top 100 global brands post an average of 78 videos each month, although some of the top media brands post far more - close to 500 videos each month.
"This report is applicable to everyone in brands, agencies, or anyone else who's using video to deliver a message and engage an audience," says Rob Ciampa, VP of sales and marketing at Pixability and co-author of the report. "We're finding that YouTube is the great marketing democratizer. The information that we distilled in the report findings are relevant to any company, whether a top 100 global brand or a top 10 local plumber."
Other findings from the research include:
- Link videos to wider marketing campaign activity;
- Adding more content is more important than adding more channels;
- Focus on sharing content via social media;
- Pay close attention to SEO.
"The best brands and marketers understand YouTube and treat it differently to get stellar results," added Ciampa. "The ones who don't? They end up back in the legacy marketing world wondering why their customers are somewhere else, such as a competitor's YouTube channel."
- Shoppers using mobile for BTS shopping
- Study: Most consumers satisfied with e-gift card buys
- Mobile's role in back to school shopping on the rise
- Report reveals tablet preferences and ownership differences between UK, US, and Oz
- Top 3 tips to improve SMS strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Platforms to simplify connection
- Reports: Price to factor in most Back to School purchases
- Survey: SMB owners still deciding their vote
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...