News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Frequency and consistent branding key to YouTube brand marketing success
Consistent branding and frequency are key to building a brand following on the world's most popular video sharing platform, according to YouTube marketing software firm Pixability.
The world's top 100 brands are using YouTube as an effective marketing tool to build their brands and following. Pixability's recent study reveals certain aspects of how and what those brands produce and post.
Key to building a brand following on YouTube is frequency, found the research. A constant stream of content is vital, and those videos don't need to be of a high quality, they just need to keep coming and be consistently branded.
According to Pixability, the top 100 global brands post an average of 78 videos each month, although some of the top media brands post far more - close to 500 videos each month.
"This report is applicable to everyone in brands, agencies, or anyone else who's using video to deliver a message and engage an audience," says Rob Ciampa, VP of sales and marketing at Pixability and co-author of the report. "We're finding that YouTube is the great marketing democratizer. The information that we distilled in the report findings are relevant to any company, whether a top 100 global brand or a top 10 local plumber."
Other findings from the research include:
- Link videos to wider marketing campaign activity;
- Adding more content is more important than adding more channels;
- Focus on sharing content via social media;
- Pay close attention to SEO.
"The best brands and marketers understand YouTube and treat it differently to get stellar results," added Ciampa. "The ones who don't? They end up back in the legacy marketing world wondering why their customers are somewhere else, such as a competitor's YouTube channel."
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
- Big brands found using 'dark UX' methods
- Video Roundup: New formats mean new opportunities
- Top 3 tips for chatbot, CSE integrations
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...