News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook advertisers given access to free, high-quality, commercial images
Advertisers can now have a professional edge to their in-ad imagery thanks to a tie-up between the social network and stock image provider Shutterstock - and it's free.
It sounds like a great deal - and it is. Facebook has now made it easier for advertisers on the network to present themselves using high-quality imagery, courtesy of Shutterstock.
Images will be made available through Facebook's online ad creation tool, will be fully searchable and, another new feature will allow upload of multiple image files.
Use of the Shutterstock imagery won't cost advertisers a penny. Instead, Facebook will pay royalties directly to Shutterstock image creators.
"Royalties are based on a contributor's earnings tier and will be the same as or more than those for subscription downloads, with usage rights that are more limited than those in our standard royalty-free license," according to a Shutterstock spokesman.
"Not every business has a team of designers to help communicate their message, and so the Shutterstock integration allows Facebook advertisers of all sizes to search and choose from millions of high-quality images at the point of ad creation," said David Fraga, Shutterstock VP of Corporate Development. "This collaboration illustrates the importance of having a simple and powerful API, in this case resulting in a seamless user experience that makes it easier than ever for businesses to reach customers online."
Image via Shutterstock
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...