News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook advertisers given access to free, high-quality, commercial images
Advertisers can now have a professional edge to their in-ad imagery thanks to a tie-up between the social network and stock image provider Shutterstock - and it's free.
It sounds like a great deal - and it is. Facebook has now made it easier for advertisers on the network to present themselves using high-quality imagery, courtesy of Shutterstock.
Images will be made available through Facebook's online ad creation tool, will be fully searchable and, another new feature will allow upload of multiple image files.
Use of the Shutterstock imagery won't cost advertisers a penny. Instead, Facebook will pay royalties directly to Shutterstock image creators.
"Royalties are based on a contributor's earnings tier and will be the same as or more than those for subscription downloads, with usage rights that are more limited than those in our standard royalty-free license," according to a Shutterstock spokesman.
"Not every business has a team of designers to help communicate their message, and so the Shutterstock integration allows Facebook advertisers of all sizes to search and choose from millions of high-quality images at the point of ad creation," said David Fraga, Shutterstock VP of Corporate Development. "This collaboration illustrates the importance of having a simple and powerful API, in this case resulting in a seamless user experience that makes it easier than ever for businesses to reach customers online."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...