News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook advertisers given access to free, high-quality, commercial images
Advertisers can now have a professional edge to their in-ad imagery thanks to a tie-up between the social network and stock image provider Shutterstock - and it's free.
It sounds like a great deal - and it is. Facebook has now made it easier for advertisers on the network to present themselves using high-quality imagery, courtesy of Shutterstock.
Images will be made available through Facebook's online ad creation tool, will be fully searchable and, another new feature will allow upload of multiple image files.
Use of the Shutterstock imagery won't cost advertisers a penny. Instead, Facebook will pay royalties directly to Shutterstock image creators.
"Royalties are based on a contributor's earnings tier and will be the same as or more than those for subscription downloads, with usage rights that are more limited than those in our standard royalty-free license," according to a Shutterstock spokesman.
"Not every business has a team of designers to help communicate their message, and so the Shutterstock integration allows Facebook advertisers of all sizes to search and choose from millions of high-quality images at the point of ad creation," said David Fraga, Shutterstock VP of Corporate Development. "This collaboration illustrates the importance of having a simple and powerful API, in this case resulting in a seamless user experience that makes it easier than ever for businesses to reach customers online."
Image via Shutterstock
- Shoppers using mobile for BTS shopping
- Study: Most consumers satisfied with e-gift card buys
- Mobile's role in back to school shopping on the rise
- Report reveals tablet preferences and ownership differences between UK, US, and Oz
- Top 3 tips to improve SMS strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Platforms to simplify connection
- Reports: Price to factor in most Back to School purchases
- Survey: SMB owners still deciding their vote
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...