News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook advertisers given access to free, high-quality, commercial images
Advertisers can now have a professional edge to their in-ad imagery thanks to a tie-up between the social network and stock image provider Shutterstock - and it's free.
It sounds like a great deal - and it is. Facebook has now made it easier for advertisers on the network to present themselves using high-quality imagery, courtesy of Shutterstock.
Images will be made available through Facebook's online ad creation tool, will be fully searchable and, another new feature will allow upload of multiple image files.
Use of the Shutterstock imagery won't cost advertisers a penny. Instead, Facebook will pay royalties directly to Shutterstock image creators.
"Royalties are based on a contributor's earnings tier and will be the same as or more than those for subscription downloads, with usage rights that are more limited than those in our standard royalty-free license," according to a Shutterstock spokesman.
"Not every business has a team of designers to help communicate their message, and so the Shutterstock integration allows Facebook advertisers of all sizes to search and choose from millions of high-quality images at the point of ad creation," said David Fraga, Shutterstock VP of Corporate Development. "This collaboration illustrates the importance of having a simple and powerful API, in this case resulting in a seamless user experience that makes it easier than ever for businesses to reach customers online."
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Why brands should consider the subscription box
- Retail trends to watch for 2017
- Expert: Tips for a more productive 2017
- Consumers more likely to click on ads featuring user-generated photography
- Personalized offers on mobile drive consumers in-store
- Marketers prioritizing social media for product launches
- Reports: Mobile hot but not everyone is buying
- Ad Roundup: Acquisition, launch to add layers of control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...