News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
eMarketer ups U.S. digital ad spending forecasts
Revised forecasts from eMarketer reveal U.S. digital ad spending will top $42 billion this year, driven by increases in mobile ad spending forecast.
In June, eMarketer released a forecast for 2013 U.S. digital ad spending, putting it at $41.94 billion. The company has now upped this forecast, in light of an increased mobile ad spending forecast, to $42.26 billion, up 14.9% over 2012 spending.
eMarketer's mobile ad spending forecast in June was $7.65 billion, and this has now been revised, up to $8.51 billion. Mobile spending is forecast to rise 95% in 2013 to account for 20.1% of all digital ad spend and 5% of total media ad spending.
Furthermore, 22.1% of 2013's overall U.S. digital search spending will be on mobile and, by 2017, that figure will rise to almost 60%, according to the latest forecast.
In 2014, digital ad spending is expected to reach $47.58 billion, up 12.6% over 2013. By 2017, it will reach $61.35 billion.
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...