News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ecommerce spending up for 15th consecutive quarter
Consumers in the U.S. continue to spend more online, according to comScore's latest figures, with ecommerce spending up 15.5% year on year in Q2 2013.
The amount spent online in the second quarter of this year hit $49.84 billion, up from $43.15 billion (+15.5%) in the same quarter last year, reveals comScore. The growth continues the upward trend, the 15th consecutive quarter of e-retail growth, and the 11th consecutive quarter of double-digit growth.
"Increased spending growth for the quarter not only reflects the long term share shift towards digital commerce, but also the near-term signals of sustained improvement in consumer sentiment," said comScore chairman Gian Fulgoni. "This strength is particularly significant since the second quarter tends to be seasonally lighter for e-commerce, and, as such, represents a positive indicator for the back half of the year."
For only the second time ever, comScore provided mobile spending figures, giving a better overall insight into online sales and spend. The latest figures reveals that, during the same quarter, mobile spending also increased - by 24% year on year - or $4.7 billion.
The highest-grossing mobile sales were in the apparel and accessories category, accounting for $700 million, followed by computer hardware and digital content.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...