News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Bye buy, say mobile shoppers: report reveals high rate of mobile cart abandonment
Shopping cart abandonment isn't unique to online shopping, mobile shoppers are also prone to giving up on a purchase during the checkout process. A new study reveals the extent of cart abandonment among mobile shoppers.
Mobile is now driving some 15% of online retail globally, and growing fast. Smartphone and tablet shoppers are taking advantage of improvements in technology and the opportunity to shop while on-the-go.
However, a large number are prevented from completing mobile shopping for a number of reasons. Jumio's study found that a significant two-thirds abandon their carts at checkout.
The question is, why? According to Jumio's report, "Abandonment to Acquisition", 51% abandon a cart because they don't feel confident making the purchase, often not comfortable with sharing their credit card details via mobile. Almost half (47%) are put off by how long it takes to check-out, while 23% said their purchase would not go through.
"Consumers will continue to demand a simpler, more streamlined mobile payment process," says Daniel Mattes, founder and CEO of Jumio. "Until retailers address their important concerns - from providing faster checkout options to addressing the safety of credit card and account info - they'll continue to see a large portion of their customers abandon their shopping carts instead of clicking 'buy'."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...