News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: Consumers want you to be involved
The time is now to get involved - with causes and with disaster relief. That is the takeaway from a new report out from Cone. According to the research most global citizens want to see their favorite brands involved in charitable causes.
Researchers found that most people (87%) want companies to get involved in relief efforts in the long-term, not just in the weeks after a natural or other disaster while 89% believe companies should offer 'in kind' support - like employee volunteers, donations and mobile response units.
"It can't be a case of 'if' companies contribute to natural disaster recovery efforts; it must be a question of 'how," said Craig Bida, executive vice president - Social Impact, Cone Communications. "Regardless of geography, citizens are looking to companies - even more so than government agencies - to create and implement real, on-the-ground solutions to acute and urgent needs. Consumers in communities have been burned by slow reaction times or inadequate resources in past relief efforts. What our research has documented is a citizen call for help that corporations simply cannot ignore."
Other interesting findings include:
• 54% of people say they've joined in to help with relief efforts
• 9 in 10 say companies who 'get involved' receive a more favorable impression from them
• 69% say corporations are 'better equipped to respond' is disasters than citizens
Some brands simply don't have the manpower to send employees around the world, or the money to support huge relief efforts. But a new release from Plink may allow these smaller businesses to take part in disaster relief - even those operating on tight budgets.
Called Goodswipe, the platform helps businesses raise money for through normal debit or credit card swipes. The platform has been adopted by more than 75,000 restaurants and retailers in the US.
"It's truly a win, win for all parties. Goodsearch, through Goodswipe, receives the benefit of its loyal users becoming more engaged and excited as they can earn donations for their daily purchases while donating faster to their cause, and Plink is able to drive even more traffic and sales to our partners," said Peter Vogel, co-founder and CEO of Plink. "Goodsearch is an innovative leader and this is another extension of their efforts to provide their users with the ability to change the world through simple everyday actions."
The platform was developed by Goodsearch and is powered by Plink.
Image via Shutterstock
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...