News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Barclaycard US LiketoLove campaign and bold fashion purchases in UK
Barclaycard in the US gives consumers a chance to share what they love in life via social media, while in the UK the company reveals that what is purchased online is often more bizarre or daring than would be purchased in real life.
In its first socially-driven marketing effort, Barclaycard US is asking consumers to show them their passions in the Facebook "Like to Love" campaign.
Barclaycard US wants to show their customers and consumers that the brand supports their passions in life, be it running, eating, travelling or retail therapy.
Using social network Facebook, Barclaycard is asking Fans to share a photograph along with information about what they #LiketoLove. Participants are automatically entered into a draw to win a grand prize of $25,000, along with smaller daily and weekly prizes.
"More and more, brands are beginning to understand that the social space is more than just Likes and Fans," says Dave Goodman, digital managing director at Barclaycard US. "It is a valuable CRM tool that can open the door to more robust consumer engagement and customer service."
Meanwhile, on the other side of the Atlantic, Barclaycard UK has released research suggesting that as many as two thirds of online bargain hunters are buying items online they wouldn't have given a second glance in real life.
Dawn O'Porter, of Barclaycard bespoke offers, has suggested that the Internet is making consumers take more risks, particularly when it comes to fashion purchases online. Around 4 in 10 people feel more confident, and buy more outrageous clothes, online.
"In a shop, you can feel so self-conscious picking something a bit bonkers off the rail and trying it on, but shopping online takes away that embarrassment and just makes you go for it," said O'Porter.
Image via Shutterstock
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...