News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yesmail: Survey Reveals Campaigns Driven By Limited CRM
New survey findings released by Yesmail Interactive reveal companies are ignoring rich personal data. Instead, there is too much reliance on basic customer profile information and sales history to drive marketing campaigns.
Marketers are limiting their ability to develop and send personalized, relevant messages, according to Yesmail's survey of executive-level marketers.
Despite an abundance of data being available from multiple channels, most marketers continue to rely on 'legacy practices and internal data' to drive campaigns. More than two-thirds (67%) rely on CRM data, and over half (56%) only use point-of-sale data leaving many struggling to create personal and relevant messaging.
In fact, few of the marketers surveyed incorporate data from other sources to provide a more complete and deeper insight into consumer preferences and behavior. Just 20% of marketers say they have an "excellent" understanding of customers' level of social media participation and only 21% fully understand customer channel preferences.
According to Mike Fisher, president of Yesmail Interactive, "most marketers think they know their customers sufficiently well, revealing a disconnect between self-perception and reality. The survey shows that most companies have a very basic targeting strategy, which limits their ability to truly get to know their customers".
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...