News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yesmail: Survey Reveals Campaigns Driven By Limited CRM
New survey findings released by Yesmail Interactive reveal companies are ignoring rich personal data. Instead, there is too much reliance on basic customer profile information and sales history to drive marketing campaigns.
Marketers are limiting their ability to develop and send personalized, relevant messages, according to Yesmail's survey of executive-level marketers.
Despite an abundance of data being available from multiple channels, most marketers continue to rely on 'legacy practices and internal data' to drive campaigns. More than two-thirds (67%) rely on CRM data, and over half (56%) only use point-of-sale data leaving many struggling to create personal and relevant messaging.
In fact, few of the marketers surveyed incorporate data from other sources to provide a more complete and deeper insight into consumer preferences and behavior. Just 20% of marketers say they have an "excellent" understanding of customers' level of social media participation and only 21% fully understand customer channel preferences.
According to Mike Fisher, president of Yesmail Interactive, "most marketers think they know their customers sufficiently well, revealing a disconnect between self-perception and reality. The survey shows that most companies have a very basic targeting strategy, which limits their ability to truly get to know their customers".
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...