News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Trendrr reveals size, character of TV-related Facebook interactions
Having gained preliminary access to Facebook user engagement data surrounding talk about television content, digital and social intelligence platform Trendrr has revealed some interesting statistics that show the social network outpaces its rivals combined by 5-to-1.
In a recent blog post by CEO Mark Ghuneim, Trendrr has revealed that social media activity tied to television on Facebook is five times that of all other social media networks combined.
In fact, during one week in May this year, activity was seven times that of all other networks combined.
"The size and character of TV-related Facebook interactions have major implications for programmers and marketers," writes Ghuneim. "Adding these new points of engagement makes Trendrr's measurement tools more statistically representative, allowing for a deeper understanding of the marketplace that can help the industry make informed decisions."
Trendrr's other findings include:
- Activity linked to cable television was 4.5 times as large;
- Second-screen activity levels on Facebook were higher among viewers of comedies and dramas;
- Facebook social activity surrounding news programming was twice that of other social networks combined;
- Activity on Facebook involving Hispanic programming was significantly higher; and,
- Live events during airtime were also significantly higher than on other social networks, including Twitter.
Meanwhile, CBS Corp. Chief Research Officer, David Poltrack, told audiences at the recent Television Critics Association, that word-of-mouth far outpaced social media for television recommendations.
Citing findings from word-of-mouth media researcher Keller Fay Group, Poltrack said that 80% of 80 million 'buzz' impressions were as a result of 'face-to-face communications', while just 3% came from social media, reports MediaPost.
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...