News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Twitter not influencing purchases
Social media may be connecting more people and brands, which is helping to increase online conversions. But according to one new study, one of the bigger social networks isn't helping. Social intelligence platform NetBase reports that, for the fashion-minded, Twitter has fallen behind newer socnets like Instagram and Pinterest.
According to the Social Channels of Influence in the Fashion Industry: A Consumer Study women, specifically, find Twitter lacking when it comes to fashion tips or advice. This even though most self-proclaimed fashionistas (66%) say they have a Twitter profile.
Most social shoppers (75%) say they're on Twitter, too.
Where are women getting their fashion advice? Blogs, primarily. More than 60% of both fashionistas and social shoppers report consulting fashion blogs before making a purchase.
"Since women account for more than 85 percent of all consumer purchases in the US, these two segments are valuable customers to own because of their buying power," said Lisa Joy Rosner, CMO of NetBase. "This study contains many valuable insights for fashion brand marketers including the importance of listening to public Facebook conversations and brand pages, and identifying and engaging with high traffic blogs and message boards to influence the buying decisions of fashionistas and social shoppers."
As for the actual social networks that are helping the fashion conscious make those purchasing decisions:
• 72% of social shoppers say they check Facebook before making a purchase
• 56% of fashionistas check in on Facebook first
• Nearly half of both groups check Pinterest for fashion inspiration
• 42% of women (aged 18-29) check Instagram
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...