News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Service as important as taste for fast food customers
Don't leave off the customer service on that next order of hamburgers and French fries, finds a new study out from Empathica. According to the report, for quick serve restaurants, customer service is as important as food taste for return visits.
Researchers found the rate of return for hungry customers increased from 20% to 81% when satisfaction rates were higher. And it isn't just the return rates that are important, customers who noted higher satisfaction rates were four times as likely to recommend the restaurant.
"There are more than 100,000 QSRs in the United States alone, which makes this industry an extremely competitive marketplace," said Dr. Gary Edwards, chief customer officer, Empathica. "Of course these restaurants must be quick and have great tasting food, but service is where they can differentiate themselves from the competition. According to our Benchmark results, service is the area that needs improvement across the board - it is also a key area that can drive customer loyalty and satisfaction."
The top quick serve restaurants are McDonalds, Subway, Burger King, Wendy's and Starbucks, according to the QSR 50 ranking.
While most quick serve restaurants are national chains, some with regional ownership, correlations can be made between the chains and independent restaurants across the US. While food taste and quality will always be top of the list for most consumers, service can be the deal-breaker. Counter workers or wait staff who are pleasant and helpful, food prepared as ordered and quick service are areas that stand out to busy consumers.
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
- Weekend Shopping Roundup: Mobile hot, social is not
- Top 3 tips to improve SMB security
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...