News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social space pushing SMBs forward
Rather than continuing with the status quo this summer, Constant Contact is urging small businesses to try a new social network this summer. Their advice: use the slower summer months to become more familiar with a new social network so that when shopping heats up in the fall, campaigns can be launched seamlessly.
According to new data out from Constant Contact more than 80% of small businesses are using Facebook; these SMBs also report Facebook is a good investment of their time. Meanwhile nearly 60% having profiles on LinkedIn and Twitter but only about one-quarter believe the profiles are a good use of their time/marketing budgets.
Other interesting findings from Constant Contact's new social media infographic:
* 82% of SMBs currently use social media
* 88% say they'll use social networks in the next year
* 43% of those not using socnets say it is because 'email is enough'
As for how SMBs can do social better, Constant Contact suggests using @ replies to talk directly to customers/answer questions and trying different posting strategies on the different networks to determine how your customer base engages in different places.
An upgrade to the Spredfast platform may help small businesses better communicate; through the update social marketing teams will be able to manage their paid, earned and owned media from a single platform on both PC and mobile devices. Called Business Impact, the solution will allow brands to both create and distribute and then analyze the impact of their social programs.
"Social teams are under significant pressure to demonstrate that their programs are driving business results. However, proving impact can be hard when managing hundreds of different social accounts with limited resources," said Rod Favaron, CEO of Spredfast. "Our latest software release provides an extremely rich set of capabilities that makes social much easier to manage as programs expand and grow, but also enables customers to create compelling engagement opportunities, increase the impact of their programs and become heroes in their organizations."
Spredfast is a leading Social Media Management System (SMMS), enabling businesses to manage their social media profiles and engage in a meaningful way across the social spectrum.
Image via Shutterstock
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
- Kinetic email boosts unique click and click-to-open rates
- Study: GenX, Y most likely to BOPIS
- Experts: Why points aren't enough for loyalty
- How to win the Amazon Buy Box
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...