News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social space pushing SMBs forward
Rather than continuing with the status quo this summer, Constant Contact is urging small businesses to try a new social network this summer. Their advice: use the slower summer months to become more familiar with a new social network so that when shopping heats up in the fall, campaigns can be launched seamlessly.
According to new data out from Constant Contact more than 80% of small businesses are using Facebook; these SMBs also report Facebook is a good investment of their time. Meanwhile nearly 60% having profiles on LinkedIn and Twitter but only about one-quarter believe the profiles are a good use of their time/marketing budgets.
Other interesting findings from Constant Contact's new social media infographic:
* 82% of SMBs currently use social media
* 88% say they'll use social networks in the next year
* 43% of those not using socnets say it is because 'email is enough'
As for how SMBs can do social better, Constant Contact suggests using @ replies to talk directly to customers/answer questions and trying different posting strategies on the different networks to determine how your customer base engages in different places.
An upgrade to the Spredfast platform may help small businesses better communicate; through the update social marketing teams will be able to manage their paid, earned and owned media from a single platform on both PC and mobile devices. Called Business Impact, the solution will allow brands to both create and distribute and then analyze the impact of their social programs.
"Social teams are under significant pressure to demonstrate that their programs are driving business results. However, proving impact can be hard when managing hundreds of different social accounts with limited resources," said Rod Favaron, CEO of Spredfast. "Our latest software release provides an extremely rich set of capabilities that makes social much easier to manage as programs expand and grow, but also enables customers to create compelling engagement opportunities, increase the impact of their programs and become heroes in their organizations."
Spredfast is a leading Social Media Management System (SMMS), enabling businesses to manage their social media profiles and engage in a meaningful way across the social spectrum.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...