News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social space pushing SMBs forward
Rather than continuing with the status quo this summer, Constant Contact is urging small businesses to try a new social network this summer. Their advice: use the slower summer months to become more familiar with a new social network so that when shopping heats up in the fall, campaigns can be launched seamlessly.
According to new data out from Constant Contact more than 80% of small businesses are using Facebook; these SMBs also report Facebook is a good investment of their time. Meanwhile nearly 60% having profiles on LinkedIn and Twitter but only about one-quarter believe the profiles are a good use of their time/marketing budgets.
Other interesting findings from Constant Contact's new social media infographic:
* 82% of SMBs currently use social media
* 88% say they'll use social networks in the next year
* 43% of those not using socnets say it is because 'email is enough'
As for how SMBs can do social better, Constant Contact suggests using @ replies to talk directly to customers/answer questions and trying different posting strategies on the different networks to determine how your customer base engages in different places.
An upgrade to the Spredfast platform may help small businesses better communicate; through the update social marketing teams will be able to manage their paid, earned and owned media from a single platform on both PC and mobile devices. Called Business Impact, the solution will allow brands to both create and distribute and then analyze the impact of their social programs.
"Social teams are under significant pressure to demonstrate that their programs are driving business results. However, proving impact can be hard when managing hundreds of different social accounts with limited resources," said Rod Favaron, CEO of Spredfast. "Our latest software release provides an extremely rich set of capabilities that makes social much easier to manage as programs expand and grow, but also enables customers to create compelling engagement opportunities, increase the impact of their programs and become heroes in their organizations."
Spredfast is a leading Social Media Management System (SMMS), enabling businesses to manage their social media profiles and engage in a meaningful way across the social spectrum.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...