News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social media customer service response rates up 143% YoY
New research from Socialbakers reveals that brands have increased the number of questions answered via social media, as more and more consumers take to social platforms for answers to customer service queries.
In the second quarter of this year, brands answered 62% of questions asked in social media environments. That's a significant rise (143%) on the 30% answered in the second quarter of 2012.
Back in 2011, just 5% of questions posed on social media were answered.
The most-improved industry in terms of responding to consumers via social media is airlines. A year ago, just over half (55%) of queries were answered but this has taken off and now the industry boasts a 79% response rate.
The finance and telecommunications industries aren't far behind with 78% and 75% response rates respectively.
In terms of the biggest performance leap from year to year the fashion industry stands out with a 40% increase.
"Now that companies are responding to user questions, customers are eager to post their concerns on brands' pages. Many fans do not have the time to wait for answers through standard channels, such as call centers or email, so they expect prompt replies from customer care representatives through social," writes Teisha Seabrook on the Socialbakers blog.
"In fact, the number of questions asked on brand pages on Facebook has increased by 85% over the last year. Some brands may want to consider implementing a 24/7 customer care team, if necessary, into their social strategy."
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...