News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
RTE taps Adap.tv for programmic buys
One more way for broadcasters to tap into their audience members: programmatic ad buys which target local viewers living or working abroad. Recently RTE, the Irish Republic's largest broadcaster tapped Adap.tv to power programmatic buys outside the Republic - and hit a nearly 100% fill rate.
"Working with Adap.tv provides us with direct access to premium brands and the ability to generate high yields from all of our premium video inventory. The company's innovative approach also sees it offer GRP-comparable metrics (via Nielsen's Online Campaign Ratings), which is growing to be an everyday measurement language making it easier to quantify the value of video-on-demand (VOD). The quality of the environment we offer combined with the ease of access to target audiences provided by Adap.tv technology is a combination that big brand advertisers value," said Conor Mullen, commercial director at RTÉ Digital.
The reasoning behind the move: there is a growing base of Irish viewers who live outside their home country but still want those home-grown programs. RTE tapped Adap.tv to build a more international base so that they could reach those ex-pats. According to Adap.tv, the move pushed a near 100% fill rate through the UK and US while still giving the broadcaster control over pricing and inventory.
"RTÉ is pioneering the successful use of private marketplaces to realise the true value of premium video inventory," said Brian Fitzpatrick, managing director at Adap.tv Europe. "The outstanding results it has achieved demonstrate that buyers are willing to pay premium prices for premium inventory, regardless of how that inventory is sold. It is also proof that programmatic trading can command high rates and provide a cost-effective solution for broadcasters looking to generate revenue outside their core market."
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...