News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Paid clicks pushing to mobile
There is a shift beginning in the mobile search space. The Search Agency is reporting that for the first time Google's Cost Per Click (CPC) on mobile has exceeded that of the desktop. Google's clicks increased across screens (Q1 2013 vs Q2 2013) but the largest spikes came in the tablet space, which saw a 25% QtoQ increase.
Other interesting findings from The State of Paid Search include:
• Across search engines, impressions increased 7.5% (YoY) and 20% QtoQ)
• Search engine clicks increased 5.2% YoY but decreased 6.4% QtoQ
• Google impressions increased nearly 11% YoY (21.4% QtoQ) even as CTRs fell 3.5% (YoY)
"The shift in consumer search from desktop to smartphones and tablets, coupled with advertiser adoption of Google's Enhanced Campaigns, has caused increased competition for traffic across these new platforms and CPCs to spike," said Keith Wilson, vice president of agency products at The Search Agency. "As a result, there was a noticeable divide between Google and Bing CPCs, with Bing CPCs experiencing a 1% decline QoQ while Google CPCs increased 21 percent."
And from Covario another positive sign: search continues an upward trend around the globe. As the world economy continues to strengthen, ad spending is also increasing. According to Covario's Q2 report, these recovering regions pushed the global search spend 22% higher than Q1 spending. CPC prices increased about 10% while mobile search spending increased by more than one-third.
Meanwhile the ChoiceStream July Audience Cost Calendar indicates Travel continues to be a hot audience segment for summer advertisers, but the movement now is headed back to school. Computers, Software and Office Supply segments are creeping up the charts as parents and students begin looking for back to school deals.
Image via Shutterstock
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...