News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Paid clicks pushing to mobile
There is a shift beginning in the mobile search space. The Search Agency is reporting that for the first time Google's Cost Per Click (CPC) on mobile has exceeded that of the desktop. Google's clicks increased across screens (Q1 2013 vs Q2 2013) but the largest spikes came in the tablet space, which saw a 25% QtoQ increase.
Other interesting findings from The State of Paid Search include:
• Across search engines, impressions increased 7.5% (YoY) and 20% QtoQ)
• Search engine clicks increased 5.2% YoY but decreased 6.4% QtoQ
• Google impressions increased nearly 11% YoY (21.4% QtoQ) even as CTRs fell 3.5% (YoY)
"The shift in consumer search from desktop to smartphones and tablets, coupled with advertiser adoption of Google's Enhanced Campaigns, has caused increased competition for traffic across these new platforms and CPCs to spike," said Keith Wilson, vice president of agency products at The Search Agency. "As a result, there was a noticeable divide between Google and Bing CPCs, with Bing CPCs experiencing a 1% decline QoQ while Google CPCs increased 21 percent."
And from Covario another positive sign: search continues an upward trend around the globe. As the world economy continues to strengthen, ad spending is also increasing. According to Covario's Q2 report, these recovering regions pushed the global search spend 22% higher than Q1 spending. CPC prices increased about 10% while mobile search spending increased by more than one-third.
Meanwhile the ChoiceStream July Audience Cost Calendar indicates Travel continues to be a hot audience segment for summer advertisers, but the movement now is headed back to school. Computers, Software and Office Supply segments are creeping up the charts as parents and students begin looking for back to school deals.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...