News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Location-based mobile coupons tempt consumers in-store
Location-based mobile coupons are tempting consumers into stores, according to recent research by the U.S.'s largest digital coupon website, particularly when those consumers are in the vicinity.
When RetailMeNot partnered with The Omnibus Company to survey 1,067 U.S. consumers over the age of 18 during April this year, they found what ever coupon website wants to hear - coupons are popular with mobile users.
More than three-quarters (78%) of those surveyed had done some sort of research on their mobile during the month preceding the survey, and 54% had made a purchase using their mobile device during the same period.
Of interest was that mobile coupons are effective at driving consumers in-store. About half (51%) of respondents said they would be more likely to buy products in-store if they received a mobile coupon while in close proximity to the store. Younger mobile users (18-34) were more likely to do so (63%) than those age 35+ (43%).
Furthermore, respondents indicated that if they were already in-store when they received a mobile coupon they would be 61% more likely to make a purchase.
"There's no doubt that today's consumers are more empowered than ever by smartphone technology, and retailers can recognize and enable those behaviors or lose business to competitors who understand the power of mobile marketing." says John Faith, senior vice president of external affairs for RetailMeNot.
Today, the number of U.S. smartphone users using mobile coupons is 29.5 million, a significant rise from 2010 when 7.4 million used mobile coupons. By 2014, this figure is expected to rise further to 47.1 million, according to a recent BI Intelligence report.
Image via Shutterstock
- Unique products, better prices motivates cross-border ecommerce
- Gen Z keen to engage with mobile video
- Expert: How to determine if a subscription service is good business
- Ad Roundup: Targeting key for video, digital products
- Top 3 tips to create speech analytics strategy
- Snapchat rumored to be rolling out behavioral targeting for advertisers
- Working 9-5 becoming a thing of the past?
- Accordant Media: 151% increase in global programmatic auction volume
Featured White Papers
- 10 Ways to Improve Your Content Marketing Today
Great content shows that you understand the customer and their problems and that you want and are able to help...
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...