News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jumio: Smartphones used everywhere - and we mean everywhere
When it comes to mobile advertising, brands might just be engaging people in the places they least expect. Like the shower. That, according to new data out from Jumio which suggests people are no longer 'leaving them at the door' when it comes to mobiles and bathrooms, bedrooms and even church.
"People view their smartphones as an extension of themselves, taking them everywhere they go - even the most unorthodox places - from the shower to their commute, from the dinner table to the bedroom," said Marc Barach, chief marketing and strategy officer, Jumio. "And panic sets in when consumers are separated from their devices, with privacy concerns topping the list. People have good reason to be on high alert; nearly 30 percent of adults admit to snooping on someone else's mobile phone, making users aware of the potential violations that happen when we put our own phones down."
According to Jumio's Mobile Consumer Habits Study one-third of Americans have used their smartphone either in a theater (35%) or while on a date (33%) or at a child's school function (32%). Other interesting findings include:
• 55% have used mobiles while driving
• 19% have used mobiles while in church
• 12% have used mobiles while in the shower
• 10% say they've used a mobile while having sex
The study also found that most (59%) Americans keep smartphones password protected and nearly one-third (29%) say they've 'snooped' on another person's phone. Singles are more concerned with smartphone security and younger people are most likely to try snooping on another's phone.
Meanwhile most (65%) say they're worried about personal information theft via smartphone) while more than one-third (39%) say they're worried someone else will make calls on their device.
Image via Shutterstock
- Black Friday, Millennials, shopping, standing in line and... spiders
- Amazon strikes a pose with huge fashion photography studio in London
- How does $1-$3 per month sound for an ad-free Internet experience?
- Study: How mobiles are influencing moms
- Survey: SMBs drawing a line at Thanksgiving
- Is free enterprise search a game-changer?
- Expert: How mobile is changing customer relationships
- Prediction: Programmatic to push content marketing spend
Featured White Papers
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....