News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jumio: Smartphones used everywhere - and we mean everywhere
When it comes to mobile advertising, brands might just be engaging people in the places they least expect. Like the shower. That, according to new data out from Jumio which suggests people are no longer 'leaving them at the door' when it comes to mobiles and bathrooms, bedrooms and even church.
"People view their smartphones as an extension of themselves, taking them everywhere they go - even the most unorthodox places - from the shower to their commute, from the dinner table to the bedroom," said Marc Barach, chief marketing and strategy officer, Jumio. "And panic sets in when consumers are separated from their devices, with privacy concerns topping the list. People have good reason to be on high alert; nearly 30 percent of adults admit to snooping on someone else's mobile phone, making users aware of the potential violations that happen when we put our own phones down."
According to Jumio's Mobile Consumer Habits Study one-third of Americans have used their smartphone either in a theater (35%) or while on a date (33%) or at a child's school function (32%). Other interesting findings include:
• 55% have used mobiles while driving
• 19% have used mobiles while in church
• 12% have used mobiles while in the shower
• 10% say they've used a mobile while having sex
The study also found that most (59%) Americans keep smartphones password protected and nearly one-third (29%) say they've 'snooped' on another person's phone. Singles are more concerned with smartphone security and younger people are most likely to try snooping on another's phone.
Meanwhile most (65%) say they're worried about personal information theft via smartphone) while more than one-third (39%) say they're worried someone else will make calls on their device.
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...