News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jumio: Smartphones used everywhere - and we mean everywhere
When it comes to mobile advertising, brands might just be engaging people in the places they least expect. Like the shower. That, according to new data out from Jumio which suggests people are no longer 'leaving them at the door' when it comes to mobiles and bathrooms, bedrooms and even church.
"People view their smartphones as an extension of themselves, taking them everywhere they go - even the most unorthodox places - from the shower to their commute, from the dinner table to the bedroom," said Marc Barach, chief marketing and strategy officer, Jumio. "And panic sets in when consumers are separated from their devices, with privacy concerns topping the list. People have good reason to be on high alert; nearly 30 percent of adults admit to snooping on someone else's mobile phone, making users aware of the potential violations that happen when we put our own phones down."
According to Jumio's Mobile Consumer Habits Study one-third of Americans have used their smartphone either in a theater (35%) or while on a date (33%) or at a child's school function (32%). Other interesting findings include:
• 55% have used mobiles while driving
• 19% have used mobiles while in church
• 12% have used mobiles while in the shower
• 10% say they've used a mobile while having sex
The study also found that most (59%) Americans keep smartphones password protected and nearly one-third (29%) say they've 'snooped' on another person's phone. Singles are more concerned with smartphone security and younger people are most likely to try snooping on another's phone.
Meanwhile most (65%) say they're worried about personal information theft via smartphone) while more than one-third (39%) say they're worried someone else will make calls on their device.
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...