News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jumio: Smartphones used everywhere - and we mean everywhere
When it comes to mobile advertising, brands might just be engaging people in the places they least expect. Like the shower. That, according to new data out from Jumio which suggests people are no longer 'leaving them at the door' when it comes to mobiles and bathrooms, bedrooms and even church.
"People view their smartphones as an extension of themselves, taking them everywhere they go - even the most unorthodox places - from the shower to their commute, from the dinner table to the bedroom," said Marc Barach, chief marketing and strategy officer, Jumio. "And panic sets in when consumers are separated from their devices, with privacy concerns topping the list. People have good reason to be on high alert; nearly 30 percent of adults admit to snooping on someone else's mobile phone, making users aware of the potential violations that happen when we put our own phones down."
According to Jumio's Mobile Consumer Habits Study one-third of Americans have used their smartphone either in a theater (35%) or while on a date (33%) or at a child's school function (32%). Other interesting findings include:
• 55% have used mobiles while driving
• 19% have used mobiles while in church
• 12% have used mobiles while in the shower
• 10% say they've used a mobile while having sex
The study also found that most (59%) Americans keep smartphones password protected and nearly one-third (29%) say they've 'snooped' on another person's phone. Singles are more concerned with smartphone security and younger people are most likely to try snooping on another's phone.
Meanwhile most (65%) say they're worried about personal information theft via smartphone) while more than one-third (39%) say they're worried someone else will make calls on their device.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...