News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jumio: Smartphones used everywhere - and we mean everywhere
When it comes to mobile advertising, brands might just be engaging people in the places they least expect. Like the shower. That, according to new data out from Jumio which suggests people are no longer 'leaving them at the door' when it comes to mobiles and bathrooms, bedrooms and even church.
"People view their smartphones as an extension of themselves, taking them everywhere they go - even the most unorthodox places - from the shower to their commute, from the dinner table to the bedroom," said Marc Barach, chief marketing and strategy officer, Jumio. "And panic sets in when consumers are separated from their devices, with privacy concerns topping the list. People have good reason to be on high alert; nearly 30 percent of adults admit to snooping on someone else's mobile phone, making users aware of the potential violations that happen when we put our own phones down."
According to Jumio's Mobile Consumer Habits Study one-third of Americans have used their smartphone either in a theater (35%) or while on a date (33%) or at a child's school function (32%). Other interesting findings include:
• 55% have used mobiles while driving
• 19% have used mobiles while in church
• 12% have used mobiles while in the shower
• 10% say they've used a mobile while having sex
The study also found that most (59%) Americans keep smartphones password protected and nearly one-third (29%) say they've 'snooped' on another person's phone. Singles are more concerned with smartphone security and younger people are most likely to try snooping on another's phone.
Meanwhile most (65%) say they're worried about personal information theft via smartphone) while more than one-third (39%) say they're worried someone else will make calls on their device.
Image via Shutterstock
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...