News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Janrain: Up the relevance or lose customers
For the past few years experts have implored online brands to increase the relevance of their campaigns. New data out from Janrain repeats that phrase - but with a warning: brands who don't up the relevance factor are now at risk of losing customers.
A new poll out from Harris Interactive and Janrain indicates that online consumers have reached the tipping point when it comes to relevance, and brands that don't offer relevant content and ads are the losers in the equation. The data shows that three-quarters (74%) of online customers are 'frustrated' with websites that don't offer relevant content - including offers, ads and promotions.
"These results align perfectly with additional market research indicating that consumers have reached the tipping point when it comes to being shown content that isn't relevant to them," said Larry Drebes, CEO of Janrain. "It's a wake up call for brands to fix this problem or risk losing customers and prospects."
Other interesting findings include:
• 67% say they'll leave sites asking for political donations from parties they aren't affiliated with
• 57% say they'll leave sites showing dating-site ads when they are married
• 50% say they'll leave sites recommending products for the opposite gender
As for what consumers are willing to offer up for more personalized or relevant content, most (57%) say they'll give websites their personal information if brands promise to use that data responsibly. More than three-quarters (77%) say brands could increase the trust factor by better explaining how personal data is used.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...