News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: Loyalty programs missing the mark
Brands are in a difficult spot: while consumers are shopping from many more outlets - both online and offline - than in the past, this freedom of choice is impacting their feelings on brands. That is also impacting how they engage with loyalty programs.
Kobie's Alchemy platform is set up to help brands navigate the tricky loyalty space by putting the loyalty program into POS systems, giving retailers - and shoppers - more choice.
"[Alchemy is] a platform focused on enabling marketing automation. It enables your loyalty strategy to extend to all potential points of consumer engagement, in particular with patented technology that pairs what are typically disparate technology (i.e. POS systems and mobile devices). So, if your requirement is to engage and reward someone seamlessly where they interact with your brand, then Alchemy's service-oriented, flexible and scalable components will be a great fit. ," said Joe Easley, Director of Global Product Strategy, Kobie Marketing.
The platform is also set up to give retailers and brands the ability to change program options quickly so that when a trend hits, the brand can take advantage of more sales conversions while at the same time offering the loyalty club member new ways to traverse the tiered system.
"The loyalty program must be omnichannel, but focus on which channels are most preferred (and most effective) by the consumers in question. The consumer-focused channel experiences must be seamless and efficient, rewards must be rewarding and genuine experiences must go hand-in-hand with traditional rewards. Program differentiation is key, as is rapid responsiveness when, inevitably, problems arise. And beyond just using data to engage existing members, sending opt-in messaging to potential customers on their mobile devices - messaging built on typical shopper behaviors - will also add to programs' ranks," said Easley.
More from Joe and Kobie later this week, including his tips for better integrating a high-quality loyalty program.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...