News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Epsilon: Mobile drives email open, click rates
Mobile use is increasing email open rates, according to a new study from marketing services company Epsilon, as more marketers develop mobile-optimized email creative and content.
Email open rates increased 18.6% year-on-ear to 31% in Q1 2013, found Epsilon. The firm concludes the mobile channel as the key driver.
Click rates were also found to have increased, reaching 5.1% in Q1 2013, suggesting, says Judy Loschen, VP of digital analytics at Epsilon, "that more marketers are recognizing their consumers' mobile behaviors and preferences and are focusing on optimizing their email creative and content for the mobile web".
The report's 'Triggered Email Trends' found use of triggered messages, which include welcome emails and order details/confirmations, was up 41.1% year-on-year, now representing 3.3% of total email volume. For 12 of the 13 industries analyzed by Epsilon, an increase in triggered email click rates was observed.
"Marketers leveraging triggered messages are taking advantage of a moment of engagement to create a stronger experience for a consumer," said Loschen. "In Q1 we noted an even more significant increase in triggered email click rates when compared to BAU [Business As Usual] than previous studies. Nearly every industry category analyzed had a lift - from 70% up to 442%."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
- Study: Service virtualization can reduce risk
- Survey: Solo-preneurs on the rise
- Ad Roundup: Data, funding and a new video unit
- Retailers: Customer experience also about employees
- 3 Questions with Returnly
- Research reveals significant increase in online shopping
- Telehealth: Convenience driving interest in visiting a doctor via video
Featured White Papers
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...
- Twitter for Business: Everything You Need to Know
Using Twitter requires a lot more effort than just sharing a link and throwing in a hashtag or two....