News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Epsilon: Mobile drives email open, click rates
Mobile use is increasing email open rates, according to a new study from marketing services company Epsilon, as more marketers develop mobile-optimized email creative and content.
Email open rates increased 18.6% year-on-ear to 31% in Q1 2013, found Epsilon. The firm concludes the mobile channel as the key driver.
Click rates were also found to have increased, reaching 5.1% in Q1 2013, suggesting, says Judy Loschen, VP of digital analytics at Epsilon, "that more marketers are recognizing their consumers' mobile behaviors and preferences and are focusing on optimizing their email creative and content for the mobile web".
The report's 'Triggered Email Trends' found use of triggered messages, which include welcome emails and order details/confirmations, was up 41.1% year-on-year, now representing 3.3% of total email volume. For 12 of the 13 industries analyzed by Epsilon, an increase in triggered email click rates was observed.
"Marketers leveraging triggered messages are taking advantage of a moment of engagement to create a stronger experience for a consumer," said Loschen. "In Q1 we noted an even more significant increase in triggered email click rates when compared to BAU [Business As Usual] than previous studies. Nearly every industry category analyzed had a lift - from 70% up to 442%."
Image via Shutterstock
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...