News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Covario: Mobile pushing search, overall spend up 22%
New data out from Covario shows just how mobile is beginning to impact the overall search category. According to Covario's report mobile search now represents 16% of the global paid search spend (Q2 2013), with 40% of the spend focused on smartphones and 60% on tablets.
Overall the paid search spend increased 22% between Q1 2013; spending is up 23% Year over Year (YoY). But looking at mobile the numbers are more dramatic: PPC spending on mobile increased 132% YoY.
"CPC inflation was driven by a rush of competition in CE and tech industry spending in the second quarter," said Alex Funk, Director of Global Paid Media Strategy, Covario. "There have also been several platform changes over the past three quarters, including Google's Product Listing Ads and the new Enhanced Campaigns, but it's too early to tell if the latter has really affected CPCs yet since much of the market is taking a wait-and-see attitude."
Other interesting findings from Covario's Global Paid Search Spend Analysis includes:
• Cost per Click (CPC) increased 10% through Q1 2013
• US and Canadian advertisers saw an 8% increase in search spending (Quarter to Quarter)
• EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) saw 43% increase in paid search (QtoQ)
• Asia/Pacific spending increased 55%
"We expect sustained paid search growth in APAC through the second half of the year with consumer product interest peaking as it usually does in the fourth quarter," Funk said.
Looking at the remainder of the year, Funk believes Euro-zone search spending will increase and suggests brands push most of their budgets into the Google space. Google has an 85% market share.
Image via Shutterstock
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
- Online shoppers overwhelmed by choice
- Smartwatches: time for a new ad format
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...