News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Covario: Mobile pushing search, overall spend up 22%
New data out from Covario shows just how mobile is beginning to impact the overall search category. According to Covario's report mobile search now represents 16% of the global paid search spend (Q2 2013), with 40% of the spend focused on smartphones and 60% on tablets.
Overall the paid search spend increased 22% between Q1 2013; spending is up 23% Year over Year (YoY). But looking at mobile the numbers are more dramatic: PPC spending on mobile increased 132% YoY.
"CPC inflation was driven by a rush of competition in CE and tech industry spending in the second quarter," said Alex Funk, Director of Global Paid Media Strategy, Covario. "There have also been several platform changes over the past three quarters, including Google's Product Listing Ads and the new Enhanced Campaigns, but it's too early to tell if the latter has really affected CPCs yet since much of the market is taking a wait-and-see attitude."
Other interesting findings from Covario's Global Paid Search Spend Analysis includes:
• Cost per Click (CPC) increased 10% through Q1 2013
• US and Canadian advertisers saw an 8% increase in search spending (Quarter to Quarter)
• EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) saw 43% increase in paid search (QtoQ)
• Asia/Pacific spending increased 55%
"We expect sustained paid search growth in APAC through the second half of the year with consumer product interest peaking as it usually does in the fourth quarter," Funk said.
Looking at the remainder of the year, Funk believes Euro-zone search spending will increase and suggests brands push most of their budgets into the Google space. Google has an 85% market share.
Image via Shutterstock
- How to use your CTA to drive email conversions
- Expert: How to improve personalization strategy
- How to use payments as a marketing tool
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...