News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Covario: Mobile pushing search, overall spend up 22%
New data out from Covario shows just how mobile is beginning to impact the overall search category. According to Covario's report mobile search now represents 16% of the global paid search spend (Q2 2013), with 40% of the spend focused on smartphones and 60% on tablets.
Overall the paid search spend increased 22% between Q1 2013; spending is up 23% Year over Year (YoY). But looking at mobile the numbers are more dramatic: PPC spending on mobile increased 132% YoY.
"CPC inflation was driven by a rush of competition in CE and tech industry spending in the second quarter," said Alex Funk, Director of Global Paid Media Strategy, Covario. "There have also been several platform changes over the past three quarters, including Google's Product Listing Ads and the new Enhanced Campaigns, but it's too early to tell if the latter has really affected CPCs yet since much of the market is taking a wait-and-see attitude."
Other interesting findings from Covario's Global Paid Search Spend Analysis includes:
• Cost per Click (CPC) increased 10% through Q1 2013
• US and Canadian advertisers saw an 8% increase in search spending (Quarter to Quarter)
• EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) saw 43% increase in paid search (QtoQ)
• Asia/Pacific spending increased 55%
"We expect sustained paid search growth in APAC through the second half of the year with consumer product interest peaking as it usually does in the fourth quarter," Funk said.
Looking at the remainder of the year, Funk believes Euro-zone search spending will increase and suggests brands push most of their budgets into the Google space. Google has an 85% market share.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...