News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Corporate Visions: Price putting the pressure on sales
According to new data just out from Corporate Visions, most salespeople (81%) say CRM systems aren't helping them close the deal. Why? Because of price points.
According to a new report out today from Corporate Visions B2B sales and marketing staffs are finding it harder and harder to close high-margin deals - because of the focus on price.
While many experts say the overall economy is improving, the continued focus on price - and value, according to some - is making it harder for sales people to close those deals. Even with CRM systems in place.
"This quarter's survey asked questions about how sales and marketing professionals are dealing with increasing pricing pressure, including the impact of sales processes, CRM systems and training," said Tim Riesterer, chief strategy and marketing officer for Corporate Visions. "The results clearly illustrate the right processes and tools are in place, but there are execution gaps in the areas of differentiation and negotiation conversations - and there's nothing in their methodologies or technologies to help them with those dialogues."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 87% of surveyed respondents say they're required to use a CRM system
• 79% admit they merely 'check boxes' rather than actually using the system
• 68% report they 'have to negotiate' with leads because of pricing
"Nearly all the respondents of the survey agree that pricing pressures continue to rise, which means that the sales environment is more challenging and tension-filled than ever," said Paul Hennessey, senior vice president for BayGroup International, a Corporate Visions company. "Savvy buyers and competitors are willing to 'commoditize the business,' and quarterly management expectations threaten to undercut the profitability of every deal. It only compounds the problem if your salespeople lack the confidence and skill to differentiate and negotiate in a way that creates and captures more value."
About two-thirds say they 'struggle' with those negotiations because they of the tension associated with negotiations.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...