News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands fail to harness power of advocacy via social media
Few brands are harnessing the power of advocacy, according to analysis carried out by social media strategists [email protected]
Brand advocacy can account for up to 80% of reach from marketing campaigns, yet most brand mentions on social media aren't passionate or contain content that advocates a product or service.
Instead, the majority of brand mentions on social media are neutral or negative. Just 15% of all brand mentions analyzed in [email protected]'s research were advocacy mentions.
According to [email protected]'s global head of Data+Analytics and Products, Irfan Kamal, the reason for the low number of advocacy mentions is that brands aren't doing enough to prompt satisfied customers to share their views and experiences in social media.
"Brands have not provided the technology, incentives or content that both inspire and enable customers to speak out positively," said Kamal. "To help close the gap, brands must help facilitate advocacy volume, reward passion and amplify reach."
[email protected] looked at almost seven million social media mentions of 23 brands and two feature films in four countries - the US, UK, China and Brazil. China had the best overall brand advocacy rate with 30% of mentions, followed by the U.S. (13%), U.K. (12%) and Brazil (6%).
The report, 'How to Build a Passionate Brand', can be viewed online.
Image via Shutterstock
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
- Expert: Consent, Identity key for businesses
- UK ad viewability levels stagnate
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shipping, experience key to satisfaction
- Survey: Recruiting a struggle for IT departments
- Study: Mobile consumers want control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...