News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Best ad options according to verticals revealed
Ever wondered if your campaigns might do better with a different advertising platform focus? They just might. New data out from Lyris and the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) breaks down which ad options - email, social media, paid search - might be best for different verticals.
Lyris drew their conclusions from the EIU's recent study of ad performance based on verticals. Here's how it breaks down:
• Travel-minded and entertainment-focused consumers may be most heavily influenced by email
• Shoppers are most likely engaging through 3rd party sites - with a focus on price
• Banking/Financial institutions are likely to engage via mobile app
• Websites/social media are the big tickets for auto dealers
But those findings are only the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. Because online campaigns are only as strong as the data they are built upon.
For example, the online channels were tagged as 'very important' for consumers in the Entertainment vertical. However, research shows the less than 10% of ad budgets are invested in branded social media pages for 56% of entertainment execs. What are these executives doing instead? Increasing the focus on data - 27% of budgets are pushed into data analysis, which is enabling these brands to offer greater personalization for fans.
As for what makes personalization valuable to consumers - don't think it's just the name. Most shoppers (66%) surveyed said that 'personalized' offers were irrelevant to them and most (71%) don't care if their name is used in the messaging. Rather, retailers should focus on past transactions - about one-quarter (25%) said the use of prior transaction information made them 'pay more attention'.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...