News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Are SMBs up to speed on social?
Small businesses are among the first to try new, cost-effective platforms. Over the past two years there has been a significant uptick in the number of branded social profiles on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, but new data out from Constant Contact indicates these small businesses may not be making the most out of social marketing.
This week Constant Contact is reporting that many small businesses are eagerly looking for ways to engage new customers, but many may not be using the social space to their fullest advantage. According to some reports up to 80% of Americans are now using Facebook, but the data from Constant Contact finds more than half (54.9%) of SMBs spend fewer than 4 hours per week on social media.
The delay could be because SMBs aren't sure how best to engage through the social space. According to the data:
• 75% of SMBs lose sleep because they are worried about gaining to customers
• 64% report they want to 'take better advantage' of technology
• 66% say 'keeping up with technology' is a challenge
Meanwhile, LinkedIn is reporting they're surpassed the 3 million page mark for companies; businesses from around the globe and from all major industries are now putting themselves into the business social network to showcase their offerings. Over the past year a half-million pages were added to the network. Other interesting findings from LinkedIn:
• There are 1.275 million product/service pages on LinkedIn
• Nearly 500 pages refer to Ninjas, Pirates or Samurai, in an attempt to engage
• Company interviews and insider info get the most attention on LinkedIn, following by career opportunities
• LinkedIn users are also likely to engage with tips and best practices
Image via Shutterstock
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
- Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...