News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Are SMBs up to speed on social?
Small businesses are among the first to try new, cost-effective platforms. Over the past two years there has been a significant uptick in the number of branded social profiles on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, but new data out from Constant Contact indicates these small businesses may not be making the most out of social marketing.
This week Constant Contact is reporting that many small businesses are eagerly looking for ways to engage new customers, but many may not be using the social space to their fullest advantage. According to some reports up to 80% of Americans are now using Facebook, but the data from Constant Contact finds more than half (54.9%) of SMBs spend fewer than 4 hours per week on social media.
The delay could be because SMBs aren't sure how best to engage through the social space. According to the data:
• 75% of SMBs lose sleep because they are worried about gaining to customers
• 64% report they want to 'take better advantage' of technology
• 66% say 'keeping up with technology' is a challenge
Meanwhile, LinkedIn is reporting they're surpassed the 3 million page mark for companies; businesses from around the globe and from all major industries are now putting themselves into the business social network to showcase their offerings. Over the past year a half-million pages were added to the network. Other interesting findings from LinkedIn:
• There are 1.275 million product/service pages on LinkedIn
• Nearly 500 pages refer to Ninjas, Pirates or Samurai, in an attempt to engage
• Company interviews and insider info get the most attention on LinkedIn, following by career opportunities
• LinkedIn users are also likely to engage with tips and best practices
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...