News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
App users want discounts, finds report
When it comes to downloading a branded app, don't expect to find a lot of mobile users playing dress up or clicking through games. According to new data out from thinktank Ipsos, most branded app users in the US are looking for one thing: discounts.
Mobile brands take note: if you're app doesn't include discounts or coupons of some sort, users will likely download and ignore or download and delete. According to new research out from Ipsos most branded app users (US population) while many US consumers are downloading branded apps most do so for very specific reasons. The research shows:
• 51% of the global mobile population have downloaded and used a branded app
• 43% say they use branded apps to learn more about the company (global)
• 41% say they download branded apps for the discounts/coupons (global)
• 50% of US adults say they download branded apps for the discounts
• 27% of US adults say they download braded apps for brand updates
On another positive note, of those who use branded apps just over half (52%) say those apps keep them 'more engaged' with the brand; 42% of US-specific study respondents said app use increases their online purchases.
Meanwhile, more than half (global and US) of mobile users say they would prefer to use social media to stay updated on their favorite brands.
The takeaway: don't forget the discounts within those branded apps. And don't forget to make your brand a bit more social in the process.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...