News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Aggregate Knowledge: Social pushing reach farther
Marketing executives may want to take a closer look - and an increased budget percentage - to social. That according to the Q2 Global Media Intelligence Report from Aggregate Knowledge. According to the data social and portals are pushing greater reach, helping brands push between 34% and 61% higher than the indexed average.
The Q2 report takes into account media and audience data from Aggregate Knowledge to identify trends in the online space.
"We saw a huge uptick in online conversions this quarter," said David Jakubowski, Aggregate Knowledge CEO. "This points to brands leveraging all online channels for campaigns targeted across brand awareness, acquisition, social, etc. Analytics from AK informed over $230M in media buys in Q2 which is a company record."
Other interesting findings include:
• Social is pushing higher quality leads (3rd consecutive quarter)
• Windows leads the way, accounting for 78% of all online events seen
• Mac accounts for just over 10%
• Mobile systems account 8% of ad impressions
In addition the report shows that while Mac accounts for less overall traffic, Mac users are engaging and converting more often than Windows users. As for the browser wars, Internet Explorer continues to lead with a 32% share while Firefox accounts for about 15% of users and iOS Safari counts for about 6%.
And take all those mobile browsers with a grain of salt. While the report shows mobile accounts for about 8% of ad impressions, researchers also found that only about 7% of those impressions converted to sales/customers.
The researchers analyzed more than 30 billion ad impressions throughout Q2 to come to their conclusions.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...