News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ad Roundup: RTB spending up, partnership to up engagement
This week, data out from a leading advertising exchange underlines the importance of budget control and real time bidding. Meanwhile, a new partnership should also help advertisers up the engagement level of their lists.
First, new data out from Nexage signals a change in the advertising ecosystem: namely that about half the spend on the Nexage Exchange is now via Real Time Bidding (RTB). The company predicts steady growth continuing for programmatic buying as advertisers try to keep budgets under control.
RTB spending increased three-fold in the first quarter of 2013; over the past 18 months programmatic buying increased from 13% to 50% on the Exchange.
"We all know about the increased role of programmatic markets across mobile advertising, and the tailwinds that it is creating for RTB," said Ernie Cormier, CEO and president of Nexage. "But our 50 percent RTB share achievement tells a broader, simpler, and more meaningful story. Publishers and buyers are realizing powerful business results on the Nexage Exchange. They see the direct link between our superior technology and those results--and they have increasing confidence about building their business on our technology."
Meanwhile Spredfast and Brandwatch have partnered to help brands up the engagement factor of their campaigns. Through the partnership Brandwatch and Spredfast will integrate their products, giving brands a more complete look at the social advertising space.
"With our Brandwatch integration, not only are our joint customers now pulling in more conversations from more places across the web, we are empowering them to identify, prioritize, and engage with these conversations in a scalable way," said Rod Favaron, Spredfast CEO. "Doing so from one platform will continue to enable customers to achieve great business results through the use of social media."
The Brandwatch social monitoring platform and Spredfast's social management platform should help brands act on social data in real time.
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...