News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ad clicks in mobile search incremental to organic
Should businesses that rank highly in mobile search results bother running ads in AdWords? Absolutely, says Google, following the release of findings from a recent incremental ad click report.
Over half of American consumers now own smartphones and many use their device to research products and businesses online. Mobile users are searching all the time and it is important businesses are visible across platforms.
But, what if a business already ranks highly in search results? Won't paid ads simply cannibalize free, organic clicks? Apparently not, according to Google's recently released study findings. Conducted between March 2012 and April 2013, the 'Mobile Incremental Ad Clicks (IAC)' study analyzed 327 U.S. AdWords accounts across 12 verticals.
It found that an impressive 88% of mobile search ad clicks are 'incremental' to organic clicks. That figure rises to 97% within the classified and local vertical, 94% within the education/government and business/finance verticals, and 90% in the technology vertical.
"Today consumers use mobile search to connect with businesses across a wide variety of industries," says Andy Miller, Head of Global Mobile Search Solutions at Google, "and trust both organic and paid results to help accomplish their goals."
Data released earlier this month by search marketing agency Covario shows advertising on mobile devices continues to see big rises. Paid search spend on mobile increased 132% year-on-year search (Q1 2013) with Google dominating.
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...