News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ad clicks in mobile search incremental to organic
Should businesses that rank highly in mobile search results bother running ads in AdWords? Absolutely, says Google, following the release of findings from a recent incremental ad click report.
Over half of American consumers now own smartphones and many use their device to research products and businesses online. Mobile users are searching all the time and it is important businesses are visible across platforms.
But, what if a business already ranks highly in search results? Won't paid ads simply cannibalize free, organic clicks? Apparently not, according to Google's recently released study findings. Conducted between March 2012 and April 2013, the 'Mobile Incremental Ad Clicks (IAC)' study analyzed 327 U.S. AdWords accounts across 12 verticals.
It found that an impressive 88% of mobile search ad clicks are 'incremental' to organic clicks. That figure rises to 97% within the classified and local vertical, 94% within the education/government and business/finance verticals, and 90% in the technology vertical.
"Today consumers use mobile search to connect with businesses across a wide variety of industries," says Andy Miller, Head of Global Mobile Search Solutions at Google, "and trust both organic and paid results to help accomplish their goals."
Data released earlier this month by search marketing agency Covario shows advertising on mobile devices continues to see big rises. Paid search spend on mobile increased 132% year-on-year search (Q1 2013) with Google dominating.
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...