News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ad clicks in mobile search incremental to organic
Should businesses that rank highly in mobile search results bother running ads in AdWords? Absolutely, says Google, following the release of findings from a recent incremental ad click report.
Over half of American consumers now own smartphones and many use their device to research products and businesses online. Mobile users are searching all the time and it is important businesses are visible across platforms.
But, what if a business already ranks highly in search results? Won't paid ads simply cannibalize free, organic clicks? Apparently not, according to Google's recently released study findings. Conducted between March 2012 and April 2013, the 'Mobile Incremental Ad Clicks (IAC)' study analyzed 327 U.S. AdWords accounts across 12 verticals.
It found that an impressive 88% of mobile search ad clicks are 'incremental' to organic clicks. That figure rises to 97% within the classified and local vertical, 94% within the education/government and business/finance verticals, and 90% in the technology vertical.
"Today consumers use mobile search to connect with businesses across a wide variety of industries," says Andy Miller, Head of Global Mobile Search Solutions at Google, "and trust both organic and paid results to help accomplish their goals."
Data released earlier this month by search marketing agency Covario shows advertising on mobile devices continues to see big rises. Paid search spend on mobile increased 132% year-on-year search (Q1 2013) with Google dominating.
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...