News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ad clicks in mobile search incremental to organic
Should businesses that rank highly in mobile search results bother running ads in AdWords? Absolutely, says Google, following the release of findings from a recent incremental ad click report.
Over half of American consumers now own smartphones and many use their device to research products and businesses online. Mobile users are searching all the time and it is important businesses are visible across platforms.
But, what if a business already ranks highly in search results? Won't paid ads simply cannibalize free, organic clicks? Apparently not, according to Google's recently released study findings. Conducted between March 2012 and April 2013, the 'Mobile Incremental Ad Clicks (IAC)' study analyzed 327 U.S. AdWords accounts across 12 verticals.
It found that an impressive 88% of mobile search ad clicks are 'incremental' to organic clicks. That figure rises to 97% within the classified and local vertical, 94% within the education/government and business/finance verticals, and 90% in the technology vertical.
"Today consumers use mobile search to connect with businesses across a wide variety of industries," says Andy Miller, Head of Global Mobile Search Solutions at Google, "and trust both organic and paid results to help accomplish their goals."
Data released earlier this month by search marketing agency Covario shows advertising on mobile devices continues to see big rises. Paid search spend on mobile increased 132% year-on-year search (Q1 2013) with Google dominating.
- Ad experience improves but ad blocking still rising
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
- Study: Visuals important in reviews
- Consumers increasingly comfortable with mHealth options
- Study: Personalization important for rewards
- Retailers: How to use out-of-store events to engage
- Why do online shoppers switch devices between research and purchase?
- Video ad budgets increasingly diversifying beyond pre-roll
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...