News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ad clicks in mobile search incremental to organic
Should businesses that rank highly in mobile search results bother running ads in AdWords? Absolutely, says Google, following the release of findings from a recent incremental ad click report.
Over half of American consumers now own smartphones and many use their device to research products and businesses online. Mobile users are searching all the time and it is important businesses are visible across platforms.
But, what if a business already ranks highly in search results? Won't paid ads simply cannibalize free, organic clicks? Apparently not, according to Google's recently released study findings. Conducted between March 2012 and April 2013, the 'Mobile Incremental Ad Clicks (IAC)' study analyzed 327 U.S. AdWords accounts across 12 verticals.
It found that an impressive 88% of mobile search ad clicks are 'incremental' to organic clicks. That figure rises to 97% within the classified and local vertical, 94% within the education/government and business/finance verticals, and 90% in the technology vertical.
"Today consumers use mobile search to connect with businesses across a wide variety of industries," says Andy Miller, Head of Global Mobile Search Solutions at Google, "and trust both organic and paid results to help accomplish their goals."
Data released earlier this month by search marketing agency Covario shows advertising on mobile devices continues to see big rises. Paid search spend on mobile increased 132% year-on-year search (Q1 2013) with Google dominating.
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...