News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
62% predict rise in Facebook marketing efforts
A survey of U.S. advertising and marketing executives reveals almost two-thirds predict an increase in their Facebook marketing efforts in the next 12 months.
The Creative Group asked 400 U.S. advertising and marketing executives whether they thought companies will increase, or decrease, advertising and marketing investment in various social media sites over the course of the next year.
Sixty-two percent believe more will be invested in the world's biggest social network - Facebook - up from 53% last year. Just over half (51%) believe more efforts will be made with professional network LinkedIn, while 50% believe Google+ will also receive more attention.
"Today, there is a social media component to nearly every marketing campaign," said Donna Farrugia, executive director of The Creative Group. "The challenge is determining which channels make the most sense for the brand and how to truly engage with customers via social media."
The survey found that image-sharing social media sites, such as Pinterest and Instagram, were not areas in which executives would be increasing budgets with 12.5% predicting a decrease in spending.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...