News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
62% predict rise in Facebook marketing efforts
A survey of U.S. advertising and marketing executives reveals almost two-thirds predict an increase in their Facebook marketing efforts in the next 12 months.
The Creative Group asked 400 U.S. advertising and marketing executives whether they thought companies will increase, or decrease, advertising and marketing investment in various social media sites over the course of the next year.
Sixty-two percent believe more will be invested in the world's biggest social network - Facebook - up from 53% last year. Just over half (51%) believe more efforts will be made with professional network LinkedIn, while 50% believe Google+ will also receive more attention.
"Today, there is a social media component to nearly every marketing campaign," said Donna Farrugia, executive director of The Creative Group. "The challenge is determining which channels make the most sense for the brand and how to truly engage with customers via social media."
The survey found that image-sharing social media sites, such as Pinterest and Instagram, were not areas in which executives would be increasing budgets with 12.5% predicting a decrease in spending.
Image via Shutterstock
- The differences between American, European ads and why they matter
- Study: Online video pushing hungry people to burger chains
- Google's HTTPS ranking signal has little to no effect
- 'Huge landmark' as ecommerce mobile traffic overtakes desktop
- Happy birthday, email! Now, what can you do for me?
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...