News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
62% predict rise in Facebook marketing efforts
A survey of U.S. advertising and marketing executives reveals almost two-thirds predict an increase in their Facebook marketing efforts in the next 12 months.
The Creative Group asked 400 U.S. advertising and marketing executives whether they thought companies will increase, or decrease, advertising and marketing investment in various social media sites over the course of the next year.
Sixty-two percent believe more will be invested in the world's biggest social network - Facebook - up from 53% last year. Just over half (51%) believe more efforts will be made with professional network LinkedIn, while 50% believe Google+ will also receive more attention.
"Today, there is a social media component to nearly every marketing campaign," said Donna Farrugia, executive director of The Creative Group. "The challenge is determining which channels make the most sense for the brand and how to truly engage with customers via social media."
The survey found that image-sharing social media sites, such as Pinterest and Instagram, were not areas in which executives would be increasing budgets with 12.5% predicting a decrease in spending.
Image via Shutterstock
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...