News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
62% predict rise in Facebook marketing efforts
A survey of U.S. advertising and marketing executives reveals almost two-thirds predict an increase in their Facebook marketing efforts in the next 12 months.
The Creative Group asked 400 U.S. advertising and marketing executives whether they thought companies will increase, or decrease, advertising and marketing investment in various social media sites over the course of the next year.
Sixty-two percent believe more will be invested in the world's biggest social network - Facebook - up from 53% last year. Just over half (51%) believe more efforts will be made with professional network LinkedIn, while 50% believe Google+ will also receive more attention.
"Today, there is a social media component to nearly every marketing campaign," said Donna Farrugia, executive director of The Creative Group. "The challenge is determining which channels make the most sense for the brand and how to truly engage with customers via social media."
The survey found that image-sharing social media sites, such as Pinterest and Instagram, were not areas in which executives would be increasing budgets with 12.5% predicting a decrease in spending.
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...