News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
62% predict rise in Facebook marketing efforts
A survey of U.S. advertising and marketing executives reveals almost two-thirds predict an increase in their Facebook marketing efforts in the next 12 months.
The Creative Group asked 400 U.S. advertising and marketing executives whether they thought companies will increase, or decrease, advertising and marketing investment in various social media sites over the course of the next year.
Sixty-two percent believe more will be invested in the world's biggest social network - Facebook - up from 53% last year. Just over half (51%) believe more efforts will be made with professional network LinkedIn, while 50% believe Google+ will also receive more attention.
"Today, there is a social media component to nearly every marketing campaign," said Donna Farrugia, executive director of The Creative Group. "The challenge is determining which channels make the most sense for the brand and how to truly engage with customers via social media."
The survey found that image-sharing social media sites, such as Pinterest and Instagram, were not areas in which executives would be increasing budgets with 12.5% predicting a decrease in spending.
Image via Shutterstock
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...