News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
What people really want from a loyalty program
Loyalty programs continue to grow across the globe, especially with younger consumers. New data out from Club Carlson shows loyalty programs are more popular with those under age 65 than those over 65, with grocery stores have the biggest programs.
New loyalty data out from Club Carlson shows exactly what consumers want more of - points and stays. . .and also WiFi. Many believe hotel loyalty programs should include free WiFi, allowing the consumer to skip the pricey daily connection costs.
"Seventy-eight percent of Americans are members of at least one brand loyalty program; and Americans ages 18-64 are much more likely to join compared to those older than 65," was written in the report. "Grocery stores have the most members, with 50 percent acknowledging their participation in a grocer's rewards program. This is followed by credit cards offering points, retail stores, and hotels."
The report also shows:
• 4 in 5 consumers say they're interested in hotel loyalty programs but 66% also say it takes 3 or more stays to create a loyalty bond
• 41% say they'll cancel a loyalty program after a single disappointing experience
• 60% say they have more than 1 hotel loyalty program and they 'shop around' to find the best deal for any stay
Most (78%) of Americans are members of at least one brand loyalty program. And one more interesting note: many loyalty program members are willing to buy additional points to reach those large rewards. For example, hotel reward program members say they would be willing to pony up some case for a free night stay when they are close to the free-stay-threshold.
Club Carlson is a global hotel rewards program; their researchers polled more than 1,000 customers between April 24 and May 1, 2013 to come to their conclusions.
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...