News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
What people really want from a loyalty program
Loyalty programs continue to grow across the globe, especially with younger consumers. New data out from Club Carlson shows loyalty programs are more popular with those under age 65 than those over 65, with grocery stores have the biggest programs.
New loyalty data out from Club Carlson shows exactly what consumers want more of - points and stays. . .and also WiFi. Many believe hotel loyalty programs should include free WiFi, allowing the consumer to skip the pricey daily connection costs.
"Seventy-eight percent of Americans are members of at least one brand loyalty program; and Americans ages 18-64 are much more likely to join compared to those older than 65," was written in the report. "Grocery stores have the most members, with 50 percent acknowledging their participation in a grocer's rewards program. This is followed by credit cards offering points, retail stores, and hotels."
The report also shows:
• 4 in 5 consumers say they're interested in hotel loyalty programs but 66% also say it takes 3 or more stays to create a loyalty bond
• 41% say they'll cancel a loyalty program after a single disappointing experience
• 60% say they have more than 1 hotel loyalty program and they 'shop around' to find the best deal for any stay
Most (78%) of Americans are members of at least one brand loyalty program. And one more interesting note: many loyalty program members are willing to buy additional points to reach those large rewards. For example, hotel reward program members say they would be willing to pony up some case for a free night stay when they are close to the free-stay-threshold.
Club Carlson is a global hotel rewards program; their researchers polled more than 1,000 customers between April 24 and May 1, 2013 to come to their conclusions.
- Release makes push notifications actionable
- Early results show skipping ads improves engagement
- Top 3 tips to better personalize online campaigns
- Pinterest gives businesses a deeper peek into their Pinners
- Parents give retailers advice on making back-to-school shopping more bearable
- Study reveals impact of mobile use on Japanese students' grades
- Poll: SMB owners voting out incumbents
- How to improve worker productivity
Featured White Papers
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...
- Ready, Set, Send: Marketing Automation and the Customer Lifecycle
Much like running a marathon, building a successful marketing program takes dedication, patience, training and a lot of stamina. These...