News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
New figures released by comScore show that 182 million Americans watched almost 41 billion online content videos during May and a record number of ad views.
Overall, 84.8% of the online population of the U.S. watched online video during May, with average durations of 5.6 minutes and the average video ad running for 40 seconds, according to comScore's latest Video Metrix.
Unsurprisingly, Google Sites, or rather YouTube, led the pack with 154.5 million unique viewers followed by Facebook (60.4 million), AOL (53.8 million), VEVO (52 million) and NDN (46.5 million). Google Sites had the highest average engagement among the top ten.
Meanwhile, of the 41 billion video content views in May, Google Sites generated nearly 14 billion, followed by AOL with 839 million.
Overall, 15.8 billion video ads were watched in May. BrightRoll Platform topped the list with 2.6 billion ad impressions, followed by Google Sites (2.6 billion), LiveRail.com (2.1 billion), Adap.tv (2.1 billion), Hulu (1.7 billion), Specific Media (1.4 billion), and TubeMogul Video Ad Platform (1.2 billion).
Six billion minutes of video ads were viewed during with BrightRoll Platform having the highest duration at 1.3 billion minutes. Hulu delivered the highest frequency of video ads (71).
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...