News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
New figures released by comScore show that 182 million Americans watched almost 41 billion online content videos during May and a record number of ad views.
Overall, 84.8% of the online population of the U.S. watched online video during May, with average durations of 5.6 minutes and the average video ad running for 40 seconds, according to comScore's latest Video Metrix.
Unsurprisingly, Google Sites, or rather YouTube, led the pack with 154.5 million unique viewers followed by Facebook (60.4 million), AOL (53.8 million), VEVO (52 million) and NDN (46.5 million). Google Sites had the highest average engagement among the top ten.
Meanwhile, of the 41 billion video content views in May, Google Sites generated nearly 14 billion, followed by AOL with 839 million.
Overall, 15.8 billion video ads were watched in May. BrightRoll Platform topped the list with 2.6 billion ad impressions, followed by Google Sites (2.6 billion), LiveRail.com (2.1 billion), Adap.tv (2.1 billion), Hulu (1.7 billion), Specific Media (1.4 billion), and TubeMogul Video Ad Platform (1.2 billion).
Six billion minutes of video ads were viewed during with BrightRoll Platform having the highest duration at 1.3 billion minutes. Hulu delivered the highest frequency of video ads (71).
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...