News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
New figures released by comScore show that 182 million Americans watched almost 41 billion online content videos during May and a record number of ad views.
Overall, 84.8% of the online population of the U.S. watched online video during May, with average durations of 5.6 minutes and the average video ad running for 40 seconds, according to comScore's latest Video Metrix.
Unsurprisingly, Google Sites, or rather YouTube, led the pack with 154.5 million unique viewers followed by Facebook (60.4 million), AOL (53.8 million), VEVO (52 million) and NDN (46.5 million). Google Sites had the highest average engagement among the top ten.
Meanwhile, of the 41 billion video content views in May, Google Sites generated nearly 14 billion, followed by AOL with 839 million.
Overall, 15.8 billion video ads were watched in May. BrightRoll Platform topped the list with 2.6 billion ad impressions, followed by Google Sites (2.6 billion), LiveRail.com (2.1 billion), Adap.tv (2.1 billion), Hulu (1.7 billion), Specific Media (1.4 billion), and TubeMogul Video Ad Platform (1.2 billion).
Six billion minutes of video ads were viewed during with BrightRoll Platform having the highest duration at 1.3 billion minutes. Hulu delivered the highest frequency of video ads (71).
- New tool to optimize, monitor content
- Study: Privacy concerns high for wearable tech
- Internet of Things not just for the tech-savvy
- Retale: 73% of parents to use mobile for back-to-school shopping
- Study: Half of parents frustrated by BTS shopping
- How to be sure SaaS options are right for you
- Intent HQ: Consumers want brands to be honest and transparent about data collection
- Forecast: 250 million smart wearables in use by 2018
Featured White Papers
- Three Converged Media Campaigns Worth Emulating
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" may no longer be true when it comes to traditional paid...