News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
New figures released by comScore show that 182 million Americans watched almost 41 billion online content videos during May and a record number of ad views.
Overall, 84.8% of the online population of the U.S. watched online video during May, with average durations of 5.6 minutes and the average video ad running for 40 seconds, according to comScore's latest Video Metrix.
Unsurprisingly, Google Sites, or rather YouTube, led the pack with 154.5 million unique viewers followed by Facebook (60.4 million), AOL (53.8 million), VEVO (52 million) and NDN (46.5 million). Google Sites had the highest average engagement among the top ten.
Meanwhile, of the 41 billion video content views in May, Google Sites generated nearly 14 billion, followed by AOL with 839 million.
Overall, 15.8 billion video ads were watched in May. BrightRoll Platform topped the list with 2.6 billion ad impressions, followed by Google Sites (2.6 billion), LiveRail.com (2.1 billion), Adap.tv (2.1 billion), Hulu (1.7 billion), Specific Media (1.4 billion), and TubeMogul Video Ad Platform (1.2 billion).
Six billion minutes of video ads were viewed during with BrightRoll Platform having the highest duration at 1.3 billion minutes. Hulu delivered the highest frequency of video ads (71).
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...