News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
New figures released by comScore show that 182 million Americans watched almost 41 billion online content videos during May and a record number of ad views.
Overall, 84.8% of the online population of the U.S. watched online video during May, with average durations of 5.6 minutes and the average video ad running for 40 seconds, according to comScore's latest Video Metrix.
Unsurprisingly, Google Sites, or rather YouTube, led the pack with 154.5 million unique viewers followed by Facebook (60.4 million), AOL (53.8 million), VEVO (52 million) and NDN (46.5 million). Google Sites had the highest average engagement among the top ten.
Meanwhile, of the 41 billion video content views in May, Google Sites generated nearly 14 billion, followed by AOL with 839 million.
Overall, 15.8 billion video ads were watched in May. BrightRoll Platform topped the list with 2.6 billion ad impressions, followed by Google Sites (2.6 billion), LiveRail.com (2.1 billion), Adap.tv (2.1 billion), Hulu (1.7 billion), Specific Media (1.4 billion), and TubeMogul Video Ad Platform (1.2 billion).
Six billion minutes of video ads were viewed during with BrightRoll Platform having the highest duration at 1.3 billion minutes. Hulu delivered the highest frequency of video ads (71).
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
- Study dispels myth of what motivates brand advocates
- Survey: Product reviews influence more than half of shoppers
- Consumers turning from coupon clipping to coupon clicking
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...