News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK mobile ad investment to rise 90% in 2013
New figures released by eMarketer reveal a massive increase in mobile advertising investment in the UK this year, the country with the highest smartphone usage in the world.
According to eMarketer, mobile advertising investment will grow by 90% this year to $1.6 billion, up from $834.9 billion in 2012.
The growth is thanks in part to investment in mobile display and search formats, as marketers look to engage consumers across multiple screens.
In the UK, a country with the highest smartphone usage in the world, digital ad spending, which includes online and mobile formats, will grow by 12% through 2013 and $9.4 billion, with investments to surpass $10.8 billion by 2015. By 2017, investment is forecast to reach $12.3 billion with mobile accounting for $4.6 billion.
Social media behemoths Facebook and Twitter have both helped generate growth in mobile advertising.
"Two years ago Facebook and Twitter had no mobile ad business," said eMarketer communications VP Clark Fredricksen. "Today the companies earn between a third and half, respectively, of all revenues from mobile ads."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study IDs how retailers can compete with Amazon
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
- Expert: Travel brands need responsive design
- Poor advertising among travel brands hinders data collection
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
- Questionable activity on social media turns consumers away from brands
- Study: Still a disconnect between data, growth
- Expert: How SMBs can be more productive
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...