News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK mobile ad investment to rise 90% in 2013
New figures released by eMarketer reveal a massive increase in mobile advertising investment in the UK this year, the country with the highest smartphone usage in the world.
According to eMarketer, mobile advertising investment will grow by 90% this year to $1.6 billion, up from $834.9 billion in 2012.
The growth is thanks in part to investment in mobile display and search formats, as marketers look to engage consumers across multiple screens.
In the UK, a country with the highest smartphone usage in the world, digital ad spending, which includes online and mobile formats, will grow by 12% through 2013 and $9.4 billion, with investments to surpass $10.8 billion by 2015. By 2017, investment is forecast to reach $12.3 billion with mobile accounting for $4.6 billion.
Social media behemoths Facebook and Twitter have both helped generate growth in mobile advertising.
"Two years ago Facebook and Twitter had no mobile ad business," said eMarketer communications VP Clark Fredricksen. "Today the companies earn between a third and half, respectively, of all revenues from mobile ads."
Image via Shutterstock
- Millennials embrace marketing emails via mobile
- Video posts overtake photo posts by brands on Facebook
- Two-thirds of customers feel undervalued by providers
- Reports ID hot trends for Halloween
- Expert: How SMBs can compete with big retail
- Study: 50% prefer local gift cards
- Expert: Why brands must manage channel data
- Top 4 tips for SMBs to implement mobile strategies
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....