News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK mobile ad investment to rise 90% in 2013
New figures released by eMarketer reveal a massive increase in mobile advertising investment in the UK this year, the country with the highest smartphone usage in the world.
According to eMarketer, mobile advertising investment will grow by 90% this year to $1.6 billion, up from $834.9 billion in 2012.
The growth is thanks in part to investment in mobile display and search formats, as marketers look to engage consumers across multiple screens.
In the UK, a country with the highest smartphone usage in the world, digital ad spending, which includes online and mobile formats, will grow by 12% through 2013 and $9.4 billion, with investments to surpass $10.8 billion by 2015. By 2017, investment is forecast to reach $12.3 billion with mobile accounting for $4.6 billion.
Social media behemoths Facebook and Twitter have both helped generate growth in mobile advertising.
"Two years ago Facebook and Twitter had no mobile ad business," said eMarketer communications VP Clark Fredricksen. "Today the companies earn between a third and half, respectively, of all revenues from mobile ads."
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...