News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
'This Is Not Spam' rates analyzed
No matter how carefully an email campaign is developed and implemented, some messages can still end up in a recipient's spam folder. Email intelligence company, Return Path, has analyzed how often people "rescue" such emails from spam folders, and why.
Most email programs allow users to examine their spam folder before deleting the contents, and provide the ability to "rescue" emails that have inadvertently ended up labeled as spam.
Return Path analyzed how many emails are rescued, known as the This Is Not Spam (TINS) rate. They found that, within a sample of more than one billion messages received during the first quarter of 2013, fewer than two per thousand (0.17%) were rescued from the spam folder.
However, senders whose messages usually reach the inbox 97% of the time, or more, had TINS rates triple that of all other senders (0.44%).
"Senders with high TINS rates share common traits that extend beyond email marketing best practices. They use data-driven intelligence to connect with consumers and study their behavior and make decisions that increase loyalty across all channels," says George Bilbrey, president of Return Path. "Deeper examinations of metrics like TINS offer great examples of how brands can use data to develop more value from email."
Return Path's study, available online, found that brands to which consumers are loyal enough to rescue them from the spam folder include Apple, Netflix, Target, Amazon, Match.com, United Airlines, and Etsy, among others that are listed by category in the study.
Image via Shutterstock
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
- New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
- Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....