News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tapjoy: Small screen influencing big screen viewing
The top shows at the box office aren't just getting those high grossing numbers from PC-based users or word of mouth. According to one new report, even smaller screens are influencing how movie watchers pick their flicks.
On its opening weekend, the new Superman flick, "Man of Steel" pulled in more than $128 million at the US boxoffice, more than four times what was spent on the number two flick "This is the End" ($32.8 million).
According to a new Tapjoy report, mobile screens are becoming a go-to for people on the hunt for that next great movie. They recently surveyed their consumer base for people who went to more than 7 movies in a year. The findings: one-quarter 'frequently' use their mobile devices to make ticket purchasing decisions. Of the "Man of Steel" and "This is the End" movies, 72% of surveyed respondents said their used their mobile device to make ticketing decisions; 37% purchased those tickets via their smart device.
Other interesting findings include:
• 65% of men, 35% of women use mobile devices to decide on movies
• 46% say they're 'very likely' to watch movie trailers via mobile devices
• 37% use mobile devices to buy tickets
• 37% have downloaded theatre apps - for showtimes, trailers, reviews - to their mobiles
Meanwhile, after watching a trailer, 19% of respondents say they share that trailer on Facebook and 15% say they'll visit a movie's Facebook page. However, 40% say that after watching a trailer they are apt to visit the film's website for more detailed information.
Image via Shutterstock
- Google reveals 180% increase in hacked websites in 2015
- 74% of UK retailers fail to follow up instances of cart abandonment
- Ad Roundup: Releases focus on data
- Survey: SMBs report good start to 2016
- Business mail rooms inundated with personal online shopping deliveries
- Study: Micro-businesses need more help
- eRetail, banking and airline ticketing earmarked as hot areas for online fraud
- Poll: SMBs worried over benefits, pay
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...