News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tapjoy: Small screen influencing big screen viewing
The top shows at the box office aren't just getting those high grossing numbers from PC-based users or word of mouth. According to one new report, even smaller screens are influencing how movie watchers pick their flicks.
On its opening weekend, the new Superman flick, "Man of Steel" pulled in more than $128 million at the US boxoffice, more than four times what was spent on the number two flick "This is the End" ($32.8 million).
According to a new Tapjoy report, mobile screens are becoming a go-to for people on the hunt for that next great movie. They recently surveyed their consumer base for people who went to more than 7 movies in a year. The findings: one-quarter 'frequently' use their mobile devices to make ticket purchasing decisions. Of the "Man of Steel" and "This is the End" movies, 72% of surveyed respondents said their used their mobile device to make ticketing decisions; 37% purchased those tickets via their smart device.
Other interesting findings include:
• 65% of men, 35% of women use mobile devices to decide on movies
• 46% say they're 'very likely' to watch movie trailers via mobile devices
• 37% use mobile devices to buy tickets
• 37% have downloaded theatre apps - for showtimes, trailers, reviews - to their mobiles
Meanwhile, after watching a trailer, 19% of respondents say they share that trailer on Facebook and 15% say they'll visit a movie's Facebook page. However, 40% say that after watching a trailer they are apt to visit the film's website for more detailed information.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...