News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tableau, DataSift partner for increased social data
Big data hub DataSift is integrating its platform with analytics hub Tableau Software to offer businesses in the social space additional data points from social networks. Through the partnership brands can obtain and use social and business data from internal applications to better engage and target social ads.
"Brands and enterprises now understand that social data is a critical big data source, but they are struggling on how best to infuse social into their decision making process," said Rob Bailey, CEO of DataSift. "By partnering with Tableau, companies now have the power to do deep analysis on social data at scale, and combine it with internal data sources to unlock key insights across the business."
"The powerful combination of social and big data leaders DataSift and Tableau brings a simple solution to a complex problem," said Tom Brown, Founder, The Information Lab. "The game-changing platform of straight forward data collection and intuitive data discovery allows organizations of all sizes to analyze and share big social data with business data at scale and empower data driven decisions at every level. The Information Lab, a Tableau gold partner, has been harnessing DataSift data for customers using Tableau and is very excited to see this partnership formalized."
In addition to the Tableau Software integration, DataSift's platform has added social data streams from Facebook Pages, Instagram and Google+. The Facebook Pages addition, especially, will be useful for brands, who may operate many different Pages for products and services; the addition will give brands a way to look at all pages to monitor posts and customer engagements.
The integration will be featured at the LeWeb '13 conferences June 5 and 6 in London.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...