News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tableau, DataSift partner for increased social data
Big data hub DataSift is integrating its platform with analytics hub Tableau Software to offer businesses in the social space additional data points from social networks. Through the partnership brands can obtain and use social and business data from internal applications to better engage and target social ads.
"Brands and enterprises now understand that social data is a critical big data source, but they are struggling on how best to infuse social into their decision making process," said Rob Bailey, CEO of DataSift. "By partnering with Tableau, companies now have the power to do deep analysis on social data at scale, and combine it with internal data sources to unlock key insights across the business."
"The powerful combination of social and big data leaders DataSift and Tableau brings a simple solution to a complex problem," said Tom Brown, Founder, The Information Lab. "The game-changing platform of straight forward data collection and intuitive data discovery allows organizations of all sizes to analyze and share big social data with business data at scale and empower data driven decisions at every level. The Information Lab, a Tableau gold partner, has been harnessing DataSift data for customers using Tableau and is very excited to see this partnership formalized."
In addition to the Tableau Software integration, DataSift's platform has added social data streams from Facebook Pages, Instagram and Google+. The Facebook Pages addition, especially, will be useful for brands, who may operate many different Pages for products and services; the addition will give brands a way to look at all pages to monitor posts and customer engagements.
The integration will be featured at the LeWeb '13 conferences June 5 and 6 in London.
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...