News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tableau, DataSift partner for increased social data
Big data hub DataSift is integrating its platform with analytics hub Tableau Software to offer businesses in the social space additional data points from social networks. Through the partnership brands can obtain and use social and business data from internal applications to better engage and target social ads.
"Brands and enterprises now understand that social data is a critical big data source, but they are struggling on how best to infuse social into their decision making process," said Rob Bailey, CEO of DataSift. "By partnering with Tableau, companies now have the power to do deep analysis on social data at scale, and combine it with internal data sources to unlock key insights across the business."
"The powerful combination of social and big data leaders DataSift and Tableau brings a simple solution to a complex problem," said Tom Brown, Founder, The Information Lab. "The game-changing platform of straight forward data collection and intuitive data discovery allows organizations of all sizes to analyze and share big social data with business data at scale and empower data driven decisions at every level. The Information Lab, a Tableau gold partner, has been harnessing DataSift data for customers using Tableau and is very excited to see this partnership formalized."
In addition to the Tableau Software integration, DataSift's platform has added social data streams from Facebook Pages, Instagram and Google+. The Facebook Pages addition, especially, will be useful for brands, who may operate many different Pages for products and services; the addition will give brands a way to look at all pages to monitor posts and customer engagements.
The integration will be featured at the LeWeb '13 conferences June 5 and 6 in London.
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...