News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tableau, DataSift partner for increased social data
Big data hub DataSift is integrating its platform with analytics hub Tableau Software to offer businesses in the social space additional data points from social networks. Through the partnership brands can obtain and use social and business data from internal applications to better engage and target social ads.
"Brands and enterprises now understand that social data is a critical big data source, but they are struggling on how best to infuse social into their decision making process," said Rob Bailey, CEO of DataSift. "By partnering with Tableau, companies now have the power to do deep analysis on social data at scale, and combine it with internal data sources to unlock key insights across the business."
"The powerful combination of social and big data leaders DataSift and Tableau brings a simple solution to a complex problem," said Tom Brown, Founder, The Information Lab. "The game-changing platform of straight forward data collection and intuitive data discovery allows organizations of all sizes to analyze and share big social data with business data at scale and empower data driven decisions at every level. The Information Lab, a Tableau gold partner, has been harnessing DataSift data for customers using Tableau and is very excited to see this partnership formalized."
In addition to the Tableau Software integration, DataSift's platform has added social data streams from Facebook Pages, Instagram and Google+. The Facebook Pages addition, especially, will be useful for brands, who may operate many different Pages for products and services; the addition will give brands a way to look at all pages to monitor posts and customer engagements.
The integration will be featured at the LeWeb '13 conferences June 5 and 6 in London.
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....