News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
Employers aren't going to love the results from a new study out from Captivate, which indicates more and more workers are catching up on 'home-work' while at work. In other words they are compiling grocery lists, researching birthday/special occasion gifts or looking for new carpenters or plumbers while one the job.
According to the Captivate Office Pulse report:
• 93% of people 'home from work' - or work on home projects while working at the office
• 'Homing from Work' activities include online shopping/surfing, running errands and in-store shopping
• These workers are most likely catching up on financial matters, buying gifts or doing personal mailing/shopping
This new trend, says one expert, may not be great for the employer but it is good for business as a whole - because it opens more advertising doors.
"The workplace presents an under-utilized advertising opportunity," said Dan Levi, chief marketing officer at Captivate. "People are researching and purchasing products, they are stepping out to take care of personal business and highly-targeted media channels like Captivate Network can effectively educate them on their options and alternatives. . .What 'Homing from Work' says to me is that the channels that reach people during the workday should be used for more than B2B brands. This research points to new opportunities for reaching consumers when they are researching and purchasing products and services for themselves and their families."
The trend is growing even as more workers put in longer days on the job. According to the report 30% of respondents are putting in more than 9 hours at the office each day. These workers say the 'homing' trend helps them keep a better work/life balance - and that balance has been shown by other reports to keep workers more productive.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...