News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
Employers aren't going to love the results from a new study out from Captivate, which indicates more and more workers are catching up on 'home-work' while at work. In other words they are compiling grocery lists, researching birthday/special occasion gifts or looking for new carpenters or plumbers while one the job.
According to the Captivate Office Pulse report:
• 93% of people 'home from work' - or work on home projects while working at the office
• 'Homing from Work' activities include online shopping/surfing, running errands and in-store shopping
• These workers are most likely catching up on financial matters, buying gifts or doing personal mailing/shopping
This new trend, says one expert, may not be great for the employer but it is good for business as a whole - because it opens more advertising doors.
"The workplace presents an under-utilized advertising opportunity," said Dan Levi, chief marketing officer at Captivate. "People are researching and purchasing products, they are stepping out to take care of personal business and highly-targeted media channels like Captivate Network can effectively educate them on their options and alternatives. . .What 'Homing from Work' says to me is that the channels that reach people during the workday should be used for more than B2B brands. This research points to new opportunities for reaching consumers when they are researching and purchasing products and services for themselves and their families."
The trend is growing even as more workers put in longer days on the job. According to the report 30% of respondents are putting in more than 9 hours at the office each day. These workers say the 'homing' trend helps them keep a better work/life balance - and that balance has been shown by other reports to keep workers more productive.
Image via Shutterstock
- Poll: SMBs worried over benefits, pay
- Expert: Tips for better small business expansion
- Mobile Roundup: Breaking down app, game installs
- 'Adblockalypse' now?
- Mobile drives fastest UK digital ad growth rate in 7 years
- Product page conversion rates average 8%
- Snapchat beats Facebook for daily video views
- Global study reveals 'authenticity deficit' among brands
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...