News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Socnets give brands insight into summertime wants
What are shoppers engaging with this summer? This kind of data can help a brand better connect, engage and convert. One platform and a new study may point brands in the right direction.
First, a new platform from eGifter is optimizing social data so that retailers can add social and group gifting options to their catalog. Social gifting - giving a Starbucks card to a Facebook friend celebrating a birthday, for example - is growing in popularity.
The eGifter platform takes that one step farther, allowing friends to chip in to help buy big ticket items. The platform sends an email/social notification so that a consumer knows when a gift is available to them and lets them know how much more money is needed to complete the transaction.
"It is often difficult to get just the right amount collected from a group of participants," said Tyler Roye, CEO of eGifter. "Our platform addresses this issue by using a variable denomination eGift card program in a very unique way to help make group gifting for products as easy as it is for an eGift card."
For retailers, the platform offers the ability to choose which products are available for e- or group gifting.
Meanwhile, the social space may give brands an indication of what consumers are in the market for this summer. A new infographic, compiled by Compass Labs, shows what social networks are especially interested in this summer. Hint: think downtime.
As with summers' past, this year, social consumers are most interested in taking some downtime from June through August. The Compass Labs report shows most are interested in vacation hotspots like Miami, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Hawaii or theme parks like Disneyland/World, Six Flags and Universal Studios. In addition consumers are looking for:
• Fun summer treats like sweets from Baskin-Robbins, Betty Crocker and Dunkin' Donuts
• Entertainment: shows like Jersey Shore, Dancing with the Stars or American Idol
• Entertainment: concerts featuring Brad Paisley, Lady Gaga or The Black Eyed Peas
• Favorite summer brands include Michael Kors, Macy's and Oakley
Image via Shutterstock
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
- How to tell if interactions are successful or not
- Report: In case of emergency, try cell
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
Featured White Papers
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...