News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Skava: Mobile shoppers having negative experiences, not returning
Bad news for etailers in the mobile space: most of your shoppers are having troubles either shopping or checking out, and those bad experiences are pushing them away from your store. New data out from Skava notes that about 88% of mobile shoppers (via smartphone) have had bad experiences with mobile purchasing and of those about one-third never returning to a store where they've had trouble in the past.
The research also shows 33% 'immediately defect' to competitor stores when they hit a mobile shopping snag. The biggest complaints from mobile shoppers are hard to navigate mobile sites, too-small images, smartphone security concerns, 'painful' checkout processes.
"The sudden rise in the number of visitors accessing retailer's websites from mobile took many retailers by surprise and they quickly created a mobile as a first response, but the initial bounce rates were high and conversion rates low leaving many retailers thinking that people didn't have an appetite to buy from mobile," said Arish Ali, Skava Co-Founder and President. "It isn't just about putting a mobile website out there - it is about building an experience that is easy for customers to use and takes into consideration the unique attributes of mobile devices. Achieving significant conversion rates on mobile is possible. Amazon, a constant threat to traditional retailer, generated $4bn in sales through mobile last year. "
The study also found that shoppers are concerned about the costs of data use associated with mobile shopping as well as slow mobile site load times. Other interesting findings include:
• 33% say they 'immediately defect' to competitor sites after encountering a problem
• 30% say they will never visit a mobile retailer site after one bad experience
• 29% say they might return to a site - but only after 6 or more months
• 36% say they 'will abandon' a purchase after a single glitch
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
- Expert: User engagement trumps viewability
- Combining contextual marketing and demographics gives 3D-view of consumer
- Research warns marketers to consider social media followers' diverse network
- Ad Roundup: Tools for content, collaboration
- Leisure travel most popular discretionary spending category in UK
- Ad Roundup: Data, ecommerce tools
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...