News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Skava: Mobile shoppers having negative experiences, not returning
Bad news for etailers in the mobile space: most of your shoppers are having troubles either shopping or checking out, and those bad experiences are pushing them away from your store. New data out from Skava notes that about 88% of mobile shoppers (via smartphone) have had bad experiences with mobile purchasing and of those about one-third never returning to a store where they've had trouble in the past.
The research also shows 33% 'immediately defect' to competitor stores when they hit a mobile shopping snag. The biggest complaints from mobile shoppers are hard to navigate mobile sites, too-small images, smartphone security concerns, 'painful' checkout processes.
"The sudden rise in the number of visitors accessing retailer's websites from mobile took many retailers by surprise and they quickly created a mobile as a first response, but the initial bounce rates were high and conversion rates low leaving many retailers thinking that people didn't have an appetite to buy from mobile," said Arish Ali, Skava Co-Founder and President. "It isn't just about putting a mobile website out there - it is about building an experience that is easy for customers to use and takes into consideration the unique attributes of mobile devices. Achieving significant conversion rates on mobile is possible. Amazon, a constant threat to traditional retailer, generated $4bn in sales through mobile last year. "
The study also found that shoppers are concerned about the costs of data use associated with mobile shopping as well as slow mobile site load times. Other interesting findings include:
• 33% say they 'immediately defect' to competitor sites after encountering a problem
• 30% say they will never visit a mobile retailer site after one bad experience
• 29% say they might return to a site - but only after 6 or more months
• 36% say they 'will abandon' a purchase after a single glitch
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Why brands must manage channel data
- Top 4 tips for SMBs to implement mobile strategies
- Top 3 tips to increase your brand's security
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....