News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Skava: Mobile shoppers having negative experiences, not returning
Bad news for etailers in the mobile space: most of your shoppers are having troubles either shopping or checking out, and those bad experiences are pushing them away from your store. New data out from Skava notes that about 88% of mobile shoppers (via smartphone) have had bad experiences with mobile purchasing and of those about one-third never returning to a store where they've had trouble in the past.
The research also shows 33% 'immediately defect' to competitor stores when they hit a mobile shopping snag. The biggest complaints from mobile shoppers are hard to navigate mobile sites, too-small images, smartphone security concerns, 'painful' checkout processes.
"The sudden rise in the number of visitors accessing retailer's websites from mobile took many retailers by surprise and they quickly created a mobile as a first response, but the initial bounce rates were high and conversion rates low leaving many retailers thinking that people didn't have an appetite to buy from mobile," said Arish Ali, Skava Co-Founder and President. "It isn't just about putting a mobile website out there - it is about building an experience that is easy for customers to use and takes into consideration the unique attributes of mobile devices. Achieving significant conversion rates on mobile is possible. Amazon, a constant threat to traditional retailer, generated $4bn in sales through mobile last year. "
The study also found that shoppers are concerned about the costs of data use associated with mobile shopping as well as slow mobile site load times. Other interesting findings include:
• 33% say they 'immediately defect' to competitor sites after encountering a problem
• 30% say they will never visit a mobile retailer site after one bad experience
• 29% say they might return to a site - but only after 6 or more months
• 36% say they 'will abandon' a purchase after a single glitch
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
- Marketers beware - research your target market or risk stereotyping
- Google: U.S government user data requests up 250% since 2009
- Survey reveals general reluctance to pay for online content and apps
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
- Survey: Consumers want to share product details with friends
- PageFair: Adblocking Goes Mainstream
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...