News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Royal baby to push Brit economy up
With the Royal Birth only days away, everyone is wondering - will the baby be a boy or girl? What about the Royal Name? And some savvy retailers are already planning how to cash in on the big event.
The Centre for Retail Research suggests the royal-we-haven't-met could push the British economy up by at least $375 million - souvenirs, alcohol and food purchases will drive the spending. Their report suggests souvenirs like Union Jack booties and baby sleepers as well as food ($39 million estimated spending) and other party preps will be a boon to the struggling UK economy.
Meanwhile global ecommerce hub Alibaba is offering baby gift ideas to those interested in sending a little something to the new prince. . .or in outfitting their own bundle of joy like a British royal. Along with fun baby items like tiaras and bouncy castles, the hub suggests comfort items like fuzzy baby rugs or harnesses may be a hit with the not-quite-crawling crowd.
For those babies who are growing up a little too fast, they suggest a digital potty - including a tablet stand.
As for how etailers can stand out from the crowd and still cash in on the baby craze, Alibaba Director of Global Marketing, Michael Lee, suggests going for quality in keepsakes - like limited edition pieces or heirlooms.
"As many parents can attest, a baby will be born when he or she is ready. Monday 15th July has been given as an estimated date of birth for the royal baby, but the actual date could well be before or after this. Souvenirs alluding to the gender or name of the baby will have to go into quick production so items can go on sale immediately," said Lee. "To make the most of the post-birth boom, businesses should be well prepared and ready to submit final designs and begin making tailored merchandise as soon as an official announcement is made."
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...