News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
Despite knowing the importance of mobile to their bottom line, a large number of small businesses aren't planning to optimize their website any time soon, according to new figures released by TransFirst and ControlScan.
In their new report, "Small Merchants and Mobile Payments: 2013 Survey on Technology Awareness and Adoption", TransFirst, a leading provider of transaction processing services and payment enabling technologies, and ControlScan, a payment security and compliance solution provider, reveal that almost half (49%) of ecommerce merchants are aware that their websites are not optimized for mobile.
Another 17% don't actually know whether or not their websites are optimized. In fact, despite significant mobile adoption among consumers, just 31% of multi-channel businesses have a mobile optimized website.
To make matters worse, for both customers and small businesses, just 37% are either in the process of optimization (15%) or plan to optimize in the next year (22%).
The remainder? Well, they may have mobile consumers knocking on their doors but they aren't about to let them in. Twenty-one percent are 'somewhat interested' in mobile optimization and plan to do something within the next 1-2 years, 29% have no plans to optimize in the foreseeable future and another 13% are unsure.
"Business owners who aren't already up to speed with mobile payment acceptance need to have a viable plan of action to get there," said Craig Tieken, director of product at TransFirst.
David Abouchar, senior director of product management for ControlScan agrees. "The mobile payment survey findings show that small merchants have a real business need to effectively adapt to mobile technology trends. Now is the time for ISOs and acquirers to embrace these trends with innovative offerings that guide their merchants toward business growth and increased revenue."
Image via Shutterstock
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...