News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
Despite knowing the importance of mobile to their bottom line, a large number of small businesses aren't planning to optimize their website any time soon, according to new figures released by TransFirst and ControlScan.
In their new report, "Small Merchants and Mobile Payments: 2013 Survey on Technology Awareness and Adoption", TransFirst, a leading provider of transaction processing services and payment enabling technologies, and ControlScan, a payment security and compliance solution provider, reveal that almost half (49%) of ecommerce merchants are aware that their websites are not optimized for mobile.
Another 17% don't actually know whether or not their websites are optimized. In fact, despite significant mobile adoption among consumers, just 31% of multi-channel businesses have a mobile optimized website.
To make matters worse, for both customers and small businesses, just 37% are either in the process of optimization (15%) or plan to optimize in the next year (22%).
The remainder? Well, they may have mobile consumers knocking on their doors but they aren't about to let them in. Twenty-one percent are 'somewhat interested' in mobile optimization and plan to do something within the next 1-2 years, 29% have no plans to optimize in the foreseeable future and another 13% are unsure.
"Business owners who aren't already up to speed with mobile payment acceptance need to have a viable plan of action to get there," said Craig Tieken, director of product at TransFirst.
David Abouchar, senior director of product management for ControlScan agrees. "The mobile payment survey findings show that small merchants have a real business need to effectively adapt to mobile technology trends. Now is the time for ISOs and acquirers to embrace these trends with innovative offerings that guide their merchants toward business growth and increased revenue."
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...