News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Portrait of an affluent consumer
We're still a few months away from the busy holiday shopping season, but new data out from comScore and Martini Media may help brands better target affluent shoppers once the season is upon us.
Researchers from comScore and Martini Media found that, not surprisingly, affluent shoppers are still spending more than non-affluents (Q1 2013 vs. Q4 2012); they are about 47% more likely to make an online purchase and are spending about 41% more on purchases than their non-affluent counterparts (Q1 2013). This is a slight change from Q4 when affluents spent only about 15% more than non-affluents.
And, on luxury-specific sites 3 in 4 are spending an average of $184 per purchase.
"The affluent audience can consistently be found online for both work and play," said Skip Brand, CEO of Martini Media. You can learn more about the study here. "This study demonstrates how steady the digital affluent footprint is throughout the year, whereas other segments' spending wanes after the holiday period. Brand success is dependent on focusing digital ad dollars toward the affluent audience and effectively reaching and engaging them online."
"While the holiday season spurs gains in e-commerce spending across income segments, affluent consumers also exhibit strong online spending patterns throughout the year," said Kent Parmington, Manager, comScore. "This study highlights the overall significance of affluents to the e-commerce sector, and helps demonstrate why it's important for brands - and particularly luxury brands - to connect with them effectively."
According to the report affluents are most likely to shell out additional cash on events/tickets ($171) and apparel ($163) or electronics ($155).
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
- Survey: Retailers aren't ready for EMV deadline
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...