News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile Posse: Home screen pushing app use
The main page of a consumers' mobile device may be more important than many marketers originally thought. New data out from Mobile Posse and Arbitron Mobile finds that the home messaging screen is driving app usage.
The study followed consumers who had installed Mobile Posse's Home Messaging tool; the tool allows advertisers and brands to deliver highly targeted, custom messages to consumers direct on their home screen - without additional taps, clicks or swipes. Messages are based on device and account types as well as customer lifecycle; messages are delivered in real time based on operating system, MMS or SMS or within an application.
Arbitron's research shows:
• Mobile Posse reached more users both weekly and monthly than Facebook, Gmail and Yahoo Mail
• Mobile Posse increased user sessions, on average 88 minutes/month
• Facebook drove 74 minutes/month, Gmail drove 44 minutes/month
• Only Facebook drove more average minutes of use per month and per device (215 minutes vs. 152 minutes)
"These findings validate what we've known all along," said Jon Jackson, CEO at Mobile Posse. "The home screen is where consumers spend their time and begin their experience with their mobile. Our industry-leading rich media home screen messages engage consumers at the time when they are most able to interact. The ability to put a message on the mobile screen in a non-intrusive way, when the consumer is most willing and able to process, is fairly complex. It is very different from simply sending a message, and very different than merely filling a box within an app or mobile web site."
The study was uncommissioned; Arbitron Mobile researchers studied more than 3,000 mobile consumers.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
- Snap Ads spend rises 593% QoQ
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...