News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile Posse: Home screen pushing app use
The main page of a consumers' mobile device may be more important than many marketers originally thought. New data out from Mobile Posse and Arbitron Mobile finds that the home messaging screen is driving app usage.
The study followed consumers who had installed Mobile Posse's Home Messaging tool; the tool allows advertisers and brands to deliver highly targeted, custom messages to consumers direct on their home screen - without additional taps, clicks or swipes. Messages are based on device and account types as well as customer lifecycle; messages are delivered in real time based on operating system, MMS or SMS or within an application.
Arbitron's research shows:
• Mobile Posse reached more users both weekly and monthly than Facebook, Gmail and Yahoo Mail
• Mobile Posse increased user sessions, on average 88 minutes/month
• Facebook drove 74 minutes/month, Gmail drove 44 minutes/month
• Only Facebook drove more average minutes of use per month and per device (215 minutes vs. 152 minutes)
"These findings validate what we've known all along," said Jon Jackson, CEO at Mobile Posse. "The home screen is where consumers spend their time and begin their experience with their mobile. Our industry-leading rich media home screen messages engage consumers at the time when they are most able to interact. The ability to put a message on the mobile screen in a non-intrusive way, when the consumer is most willing and able to process, is fairly complex. It is very different from simply sending a message, and very different than merely filling a box within an app or mobile web site."
The study was uncommissioned; Arbitron Mobile researchers studied more than 3,000 mobile consumers.
Image via Shutterstock
- Snapchat beats Facebook for daily video views
- Global study reveals 'authenticity deficit' among brands
- Report: Video is video regardless of screen
- Study: US mobile app experience low
- Top 4 tips to succeed at Mother's Day email
- Ad Roundup: New solutions for personalization, collaboration
- How brands can better manage social
- How data impacts marketing automation
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...