News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Among the top 50 retailers in the UK, it's the fashion sector that has really got to grips with mobile and tablet marketing, according to new research released today by the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) UK.
In a Mobile Retail Audit, carried out between May and June 2013, the fashion retail sector was found to be over-performing compared to others. All (8 out of 8) had mobile optimized websites and 7 out of the 8 had mobile specific search strategies.
"This research shows that although the fashion specific retailers have grasped the essentials of mobile marketing there is still a large percentage of the top spending retailers that haven't," said the IAB's head of mobile, Alex Kozloff.
When looking at various different mobile marketing measures implemented by the top 50 UK retailers - such as optimization of websites, apps, mobile-optimized search campaigns and in-store Wi-Fi - it was obvious that mobile is now ingrained in the industry.
However, while three-quarters (74%) had a mobile optimized website, only 8% had a tablet optimized website. And, while 81% had implemented transactional functionality into mobile optimized websites, just 48% of retailers' apps were transactional.
Other elements of a mobile marketing strategy, such as search and a 'single user' approach (allowing user accounts that operate across both desktop and mobile apps), were yet to be implemented by retailers. Less than half (48%) optimized search campaigns for mobile and just 10% offered a 'single user' approach, denying consumers a seamless digital experience.
"With so many consumers now deciding to shop online brands can't afford to not get this right," said Kozloff. "The IAB will be reaching out to retail brands specifically over the coming months to help educate them further about how to make the most of mobile."
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...