News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Among the top 50 retailers in the UK, it's the fashion sector that has really got to grips with mobile and tablet marketing, according to new research released today by the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) UK.
In a Mobile Retail Audit, carried out between May and June 2013, the fashion retail sector was found to be over-performing compared to others. All (8 out of 8) had mobile optimized websites and 7 out of the 8 had mobile specific search strategies.
"This research shows that although the fashion specific retailers have grasped the essentials of mobile marketing there is still a large percentage of the top spending retailers that haven't," said the IAB's head of mobile, Alex Kozloff.
When looking at various different mobile marketing measures implemented by the top 50 UK retailers - such as optimization of websites, apps, mobile-optimized search campaigns and in-store Wi-Fi - it was obvious that mobile is now ingrained in the industry.
However, while three-quarters (74%) had a mobile optimized website, only 8% had a tablet optimized website. And, while 81% had implemented transactional functionality into mobile optimized websites, just 48% of retailers' apps were transactional.
Other elements of a mobile marketing strategy, such as search and a 'single user' approach (allowing user accounts that operate across both desktop and mobile apps), were yet to be implemented by retailers. Less than half (48%) optimized search campaigns for mobile and just 10% offered a 'single user' approach, denying consumers a seamless digital experience.
"With so many consumers now deciding to shop online brands can't afford to not get this right," said Kozloff. "The IAB will be reaching out to retail brands specifically over the coming months to help educate them further about how to make the most of mobile."
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....