News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Among the top 50 retailers in the UK, it's the fashion sector that has really got to grips with mobile and tablet marketing, according to new research released today by the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) UK.
In a Mobile Retail Audit, carried out between May and June 2013, the fashion retail sector was found to be over-performing compared to others. All (8 out of 8) had mobile optimized websites and 7 out of the 8 had mobile specific search strategies.
"This research shows that although the fashion specific retailers have grasped the essentials of mobile marketing there is still a large percentage of the top spending retailers that haven't," said the IAB's head of mobile, Alex Kozloff.
When looking at various different mobile marketing measures implemented by the top 50 UK retailers - such as optimization of websites, apps, mobile-optimized search campaigns and in-store Wi-Fi - it was obvious that mobile is now ingrained in the industry.
However, while three-quarters (74%) had a mobile optimized website, only 8% had a tablet optimized website. And, while 81% had implemented transactional functionality into mobile optimized websites, just 48% of retailers' apps were transactional.
Other elements of a mobile marketing strategy, such as search and a 'single user' approach (allowing user accounts that operate across both desktop and mobile apps), were yet to be implemented by retailers. Less than half (48%) optimized search campaigns for mobile and just 10% offered a 'single user' approach, denying consumers a seamless digital experience.
"With so many consumers now deciding to shop online brands can't afford to not get this right," said Kozloff. "The IAB will be reaching out to retail brands specifically over the coming months to help educate them further about how to make the most of mobile."
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...