News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Among the top 50 retailers in the UK, it's the fashion sector that has really got to grips with mobile and tablet marketing, according to new research released today by the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) UK.
In a Mobile Retail Audit, carried out between May and June 2013, the fashion retail sector was found to be over-performing compared to others. All (8 out of 8) had mobile optimized websites and 7 out of the 8 had mobile specific search strategies.
"This research shows that although the fashion specific retailers have grasped the essentials of mobile marketing there is still a large percentage of the top spending retailers that haven't," said the IAB's head of mobile, Alex Kozloff.
When looking at various different mobile marketing measures implemented by the top 50 UK retailers - such as optimization of websites, apps, mobile-optimized search campaigns and in-store Wi-Fi - it was obvious that mobile is now ingrained in the industry.
However, while three-quarters (74%) had a mobile optimized website, only 8% had a tablet optimized website. And, while 81% had implemented transactional functionality into mobile optimized websites, just 48% of retailers' apps were transactional.
Other elements of a mobile marketing strategy, such as search and a 'single user' approach (allowing user accounts that operate across both desktop and mobile apps), were yet to be implemented by retailers. Less than half (48%) optimized search campaigns for mobile and just 10% offered a 'single user' approach, denying consumers a seamless digital experience.
"With so many consumers now deciding to shop online brands can't afford to not get this right," said Kozloff. "The IAB will be reaching out to retail brands specifically over the coming months to help educate them further about how to make the most of mobile."
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...