News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Cityblis: Online fashion press room gets unique makeover
In a first for fashion, designer outlet website Cityblis has launched a unique online press room - a social information hub where the media and consumers can consume and contribute digital content.
Earlier this year, a survey of 100 global brands by Mynewsdesk revealed that most online press rooms were sadly lacking in content or worse, out of date. Most provided just a basic press release and failed to provide additional information in other formats such as video, infographics or multi-media content that journalists, bloggers and other influencers could use.
Online fashion designer outlet, Cityblis, has changed all that. The release of their state-of-the-art press room, known as the Cityblis Media Center, allows brands to tell their stories in a much more engaging and effective way by combining e-commerce and digital publishing.
Embracing social, user-generated content, Cityblis' Media Center* allows bloggers, journalists and other media professionals to garner more exposure by contributing their own article links to the Cityblis Press Page. Articles are moderated by reporters and readers, not by Cityblis, which the outlet says will ensure unbiased news reporting.
In fact, the media center was developed in close collaboration with those who will benefit from its launch - the designers and the media. A press announcement highlights two goals that the new platform hopes to achieve:
1. To give every designer a voice in a much crowded space.
2. To enable journalists to filter the noise to discover content relevant to them.
The media center will contain the usual press releases, but will also provide all those other forms of media and information that media crave in today's digital publishing world - hi-res images, video, live feeds, product launches, event invitations, samples and trending topics.
"Cityblis is not just a fashion platform anymore. With the launch of the Cityblis Media Center it is now also a full featured digital media hub," said Christopher Price, Cityblis Chief Operating Officer. "We are no longer just enabling our designers to sell more products; we are enabling them to brand their companies. And therein lies the value of the Media Center. No other company out there is offering this capability on such an international scale."
* At the time of writing, the Cityblis website was unavailable.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
- Marketing spend on social to rise from 11% to a quarter of budget
- Checking email chews up 6.3 hours per day
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...