News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Cityblis: Online fashion press room gets unique makeover
In a first for fashion, designer outlet website Cityblis has launched a unique online press room - a social information hub where the media and consumers can consume and contribute digital content.
Earlier this year, a survey of 100 global brands by Mynewsdesk revealed that most online press rooms were sadly lacking in content or worse, out of date. Most provided just a basic press release and failed to provide additional information in other formats such as video, infographics or multi-media content that journalists, bloggers and other influencers could use.
Online fashion designer outlet, Cityblis, has changed all that. The release of their state-of-the-art press room, known as the Cityblis Media Center, allows brands to tell their stories in a much more engaging and effective way by combining e-commerce and digital publishing.
Embracing social, user-generated content, Cityblis' Media Center* allows bloggers, journalists and other media professionals to garner more exposure by contributing their own article links to the Cityblis Press Page. Articles are moderated by reporters and readers, not by Cityblis, which the outlet says will ensure unbiased news reporting.
In fact, the media center was developed in close collaboration with those who will benefit from its launch - the designers and the media. A press announcement highlights two goals that the new platform hopes to achieve:
1. To give every designer a voice in a much crowded space.
2. To enable journalists to filter the noise to discover content relevant to them.
The media center will contain the usual press releases, but will also provide all those other forms of media and information that media crave in today's digital publishing world - hi-res images, video, live feeds, product launches, event invitations, samples and trending topics.
"Cityblis is not just a fashion platform anymore. With the launch of the Cityblis Media Center it is now also a full featured digital media hub," said Christopher Price, Cityblis Chief Operating Officer. "We are no longer just enabling our designers to sell more products; we are enabling them to brand their companies. And therein lies the value of the Media Center. No other company out there is offering this capability on such an international scale."
* At the time of writing, the Cityblis website was unavailable.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...