News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Celtra: Rich media mobile ads perform better on Facebook, Twitter
New research from mobile ad service firm Celtra has found that mobile rich media ads perform far better on mobile social websites than on non-social websites.
Celtra's study (infographic) of rich media ads was based on analysis of 32 mobile campaigns in the final quarter of last year. It found that mobile rich media ads on social websites have four times the engagement rate of the same ads on non-social mobile websites.
And that's not all. Mobile rich media social ads outperformed the same ads on non-social websites with:
- 16x higher ad completion rates;
- 2x the engagement time;
- 3x higher video play rates;
- 4x higher share rates.
"When it comes to engagement with mobile rich media ads, social media networks definitely have an upper hand," said Matevz Klanjsek, Celtra Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer. "This is largely due to the native nature of their advertising products where ad experiences organically become a part of the conversation."
However, Klanjsek also notes that social media environments aren't always the best place for mobile advertising. Some features, such as location-based advertising, performed 'significantly better' when trafficked to mobile publishers.
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
- Online shoppers overwhelmed by choice
- Smartwatches: time for a new ad format
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
- Mobile Roundup: Commerce, security options released
- Playlists the perfect target for brands on Spotify
- 25% of SMBs have no website
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...