News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Celtra: Rich media mobile ads perform better on Facebook, Twitter
New research from mobile ad service firm Celtra has found that mobile rich media ads perform far better on mobile social websites than on non-social websites.
Celtra's study (infographic) of rich media ads was based on analysis of 32 mobile campaigns in the final quarter of last year. It found that mobile rich media ads on social websites have four times the engagement rate of the same ads on non-social mobile websites.
And that's not all. Mobile rich media social ads outperformed the same ads on non-social websites with:
- 16x higher ad completion rates;
- 2x the engagement time;
- 3x higher video play rates;
- 4x higher share rates.
"When it comes to engagement with mobile rich media ads, social media networks definitely have an upper hand," said Matevz Klanjsek, Celtra Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer. "This is largely due to the native nature of their advertising products where ad experiences organically become a part of the conversation."
However, Klanjsek also notes that social media environments aren't always the best place for mobile advertising. Some features, such as location-based advertising, performed 'significantly better' when trafficked to mobile publishers.
- Expert: Why surveys may not offer all advertisers' questions
- Expert: Look for native to continue strong growth
- U.S. in-store and mobile retail experience found wanting
- Brits more interested in smart home tech than wearable tech
- Is TripAdvisor a gateway app?
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to increase viewability, deflate fraud
- Expert: The most important social metrics for brands
- Smartphones reach new milestone in U.S.
Featured White Papers