News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Celtra: Rich media mobile ads perform better on Facebook, Twitter
New research from mobile ad service firm Celtra has found that mobile rich media ads perform far better on mobile social websites than on non-social websites.
Celtra's study (infographic) of rich media ads was based on analysis of 32 mobile campaigns in the final quarter of last year. It found that mobile rich media ads on social websites have four times the engagement rate of the same ads on non-social mobile websites.
And that's not all. Mobile rich media social ads outperformed the same ads on non-social websites with:
- 16x higher ad completion rates;
- 2x the engagement time;
- 3x higher video play rates;
- 4x higher share rates.
"When it comes to engagement with mobile rich media ads, social media networks definitely have an upper hand," said Matevz Klanjsek, Celtra Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer. "This is largely due to the native nature of their advertising products where ad experiences organically become a part of the conversation."
However, Klanjsek also notes that social media environments aren't always the best place for mobile advertising. Some features, such as location-based advertising, performed 'significantly better' when trafficked to mobile publishers.
- Release makes push notifications actionable
- Early results show skipping ads improves engagement
- Top 3 tips to better personalize online campaigns
- Pinterest gives businesses a deeper peek into their Pinners
- Parents give retailers advice on making back-to-school shopping more bearable
- Study reveals impact of mobile use on Japanese students' grades
- Poll: SMB owners voting out incumbents
- How to improve worker productivity
Featured White Papers
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...
- Ready, Set, Send: Marketing Automation and the Customer Lifecycle
Much like running a marathon, building a successful marketing program takes dedication, patience, training and a lot of stamina. These...