News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BrightRoll: 92% Canadians watching online video
A new report out from BrightRoll and the IAB is marking 2013 as a 'breakout' year for video in Canada with more than 90% of Canadians now watching online video content. Along with an uptick in the consumption of video content by consumers, there is an uptick in the amount of ad budgets allocated to video (42% increase over 2012).
According to the Canada Video Advertising Report 69% of advertisers, agencies and brands believe online video is 'as effective' as television advertising while most (86%) prefer video to display ad units.
"As Canada's appetite for online and mobile video continues to grow, advertisers have a unique opportunity to reach more consumers through the power of sight, sound and motion," said David Bellemare, managing director, BrightRoll Canada. "This year's survey confirms advertisers are more confident in digital video as an advertising platform, and thanks to technological advancements in ad buying and measurement, they are able to demonstrate campaign effectiveness and ROI."
Other interesting findings include:
• 39% prefer video advertising because of targeting options, 24% for the reach of video
• 50% say 'half or more' of their RFPs in 2012 included a digital video component
• 33% of agencies believe online/mobile video will have the highest growth for media spending
• 41% say they are 'likely or somewhat likely' to consolidate video buys into a single platform solution because of programmatic platforms
Moving forward, researchers suggests that one growing trend is in programmatic buying; with advertisers realizing the value of video ads, more are looking to real-time bidding to control budgets. Nearly half (41%) of those surveyed say they'll push at least half their ad spend toward programmatic buying this year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
- Survey: SMBs missing out by not being online
- Report: State of mobile travel
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...