News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BrightRoll: 92% Canadians watching online video
A new report out from BrightRoll and the IAB is marking 2013 as a 'breakout' year for video in Canada with more than 90% of Canadians now watching online video content. Along with an uptick in the consumption of video content by consumers, there is an uptick in the amount of ad budgets allocated to video (42% increase over 2012).
According to the Canada Video Advertising Report 69% of advertisers, agencies and brands believe online video is 'as effective' as television advertising while most (86%) prefer video to display ad units.
"As Canada's appetite for online and mobile video continues to grow, advertisers have a unique opportunity to reach more consumers through the power of sight, sound and motion," said David Bellemare, managing director, BrightRoll Canada. "This year's survey confirms advertisers are more confident in digital video as an advertising platform, and thanks to technological advancements in ad buying and measurement, they are able to demonstrate campaign effectiveness and ROI."
Other interesting findings include:
• 39% prefer video advertising because of targeting options, 24% for the reach of video
• 50% say 'half or more' of their RFPs in 2012 included a digital video component
• 33% of agencies believe online/mobile video will have the highest growth for media spending
• 41% say they are 'likely or somewhat likely' to consolidate video buys into a single platform solution because of programmatic platforms
Moving forward, researchers suggests that one growing trend is in programmatic buying; with advertisers realizing the value of video ads, more are looking to real-time bidding to control budgets. Nearly half (41%) of those surveyed say they'll push at least half their ad spend toward programmatic buying this year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Seniors unhappy with stereotypes used in advertising
- Top 3 SaaS myths debunked
- Traits independent retailers need to compete
- Report illustrates traditional vs. digital media consumption
- New tool to optimize, monitor content
- Study: Privacy concerns high for wearable tech
- Internet of Things not just for the tech-savvy
- Retale: 73% of parents to use mobile for back-to-school shopping
Featured White Papers
- Three Converged Media Campaigns Worth Emulating
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" may no longer be true when it comes to traditional paid...