News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BrightRoll: 92% Canadians watching online video
A new report out from BrightRoll and the IAB is marking 2013 as a 'breakout' year for video in Canada with more than 90% of Canadians now watching online video content. Along with an uptick in the consumption of video content by consumers, there is an uptick in the amount of ad budgets allocated to video (42% increase over 2012).
According to the Canada Video Advertising Report 69% of advertisers, agencies and brands believe online video is 'as effective' as television advertising while most (86%) prefer video to display ad units.
"As Canada's appetite for online and mobile video continues to grow, advertisers have a unique opportunity to reach more consumers through the power of sight, sound and motion," said David Bellemare, managing director, BrightRoll Canada. "This year's survey confirms advertisers are more confident in digital video as an advertising platform, and thanks to technological advancements in ad buying and measurement, they are able to demonstrate campaign effectiveness and ROI."
Other interesting findings include:
• 39% prefer video advertising because of targeting options, 24% for the reach of video
• 50% say 'half or more' of their RFPs in 2012 included a digital video component
• 33% of agencies believe online/mobile video will have the highest growth for media spending
• 41% say they are 'likely or somewhat likely' to consolidate video buys into a single platform solution because of programmatic platforms
Moving forward, researchers suggests that one growing trend is in programmatic buying; with advertisers realizing the value of video ads, more are looking to real-time bidding to control budgets. Nearly half (41%) of those surveyed say they'll push at least half their ad spend toward programmatic buying this year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Global online travel market to exceed $1billion by 2022
- UK shoppers choose supermarkets primarily on location, not price
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- DMA: Email click-through rates continue to fall
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...