News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ASOS to introduce real-time delivery tracking
Dedicated followers of fashion can soon be as dedicated to following their ASOS parcels, thanks to the up-coming introduction of a new, real-time delivery tracking service with live-mapping in the UK.
Independent UK online fashion retailer ASOS is to launch a new service in the UK giving customers real-time information about the progress of their deliveries, as well as the flexibility to revise delivery requirements at any stage, even on the day of delivery.
The service, called Follow My Parcel, is claimed to be the first of its kind in the delivery market. Customers will be contacted by text or email on the day of delivery, alerting them to their initial one-hour delivery slot. The arrival time can then be further narrowed down to within a 15 minute slot using a countdown feature. From then on, customers can track a parcel's progress along its route to their delivery address either on mobile or Internet, even being told the delivery driver's name.
There will be no charge for the Follow My Parcel service, which is being launched in partnership with courier DPD. The new service is a part of a wider move by ASOS to "continually exceed customer expectations".
"Knowing exactly when a parcel is being delivered helps our customers plan their day; to be at home when they need to be for a delivery, or to let them get on with what they need to do by opting to reschedule or choosing the deliver to neighbor option," Nick Robertson, chief executive of ASOS, told industry magazine Retail Week.
Image via Shutterstock
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...