News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ASOS to introduce real-time delivery tracking
Dedicated followers of fashion can soon be as dedicated to following their ASOS parcels, thanks to the up-coming introduction of a new, real-time delivery tracking service with live-mapping in the UK.
Independent UK online fashion retailer ASOS is to launch a new service in the UK giving customers real-time information about the progress of their deliveries, as well as the flexibility to revise delivery requirements at any stage, even on the day of delivery.
The service, called Follow My Parcel, is claimed to be the first of its kind in the delivery market. Customers will be contacted by text or email on the day of delivery, alerting them to their initial one-hour delivery slot. The arrival time can then be further narrowed down to within a 15 minute slot using a countdown feature. From then on, customers can track a parcel's progress along its route to their delivery address either on mobile or Internet, even being told the delivery driver's name.
There will be no charge for the Follow My Parcel service, which is being launched in partnership with courier DPD. The new service is a part of a wider move by ASOS to "continually exceed customer expectations".
"Knowing exactly when a parcel is being delivered helps our customers plan their day; to be at home when they need to be for a delivery, or to let them get on with what they need to do by opting to reschedule or choosing the deliver to neighbor option," Nick Robertson, chief executive of ASOS, told industry magazine Retail Week.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Email and experience tools
- RichRelevance: Site Search key for shoppers
- How loyalty data can improve the shopper experience
- UK consumers will have 12 billion click-to-call conversations this year
- Consumers to brands: Don't call me maybe
- Brands risk reputation when delivery speeds do not match purchaser expectations
- Ad experience improves but ad blocking still rising
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...