News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ASOS to introduce real-time delivery tracking
Dedicated followers of fashion can soon be as dedicated to following their ASOS parcels, thanks to the up-coming introduction of a new, real-time delivery tracking service with live-mapping in the UK.
Independent UK online fashion retailer ASOS is to launch a new service in the UK giving customers real-time information about the progress of their deliveries, as well as the flexibility to revise delivery requirements at any stage, even on the day of delivery.
The service, called Follow My Parcel, is claimed to be the first of its kind in the delivery market. Customers will be contacted by text or email on the day of delivery, alerting them to their initial one-hour delivery slot. The arrival time can then be further narrowed down to within a 15 minute slot using a countdown feature. From then on, customers can track a parcel's progress along its route to their delivery address either on mobile or Internet, even being told the delivery driver's name.
There will be no charge for the Follow My Parcel service, which is being launched in partnership with courier DPD. The new service is a part of a wider move by ASOS to "continually exceed customer expectations".
"Knowing exactly when a parcel is being delivered helps our customers plan their day; to be at home when they need to be for a delivery, or to let them get on with what they need to do by opting to reschedule or choosing the deliver to neighbor option," Nick Robertson, chief executive of ASOS, told industry magazine Retail Week.
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile Roundup: New solutions, partnerships to help mobile brands
- Expert: Non-Profits can thrive in the online space
- Mobile Roundup: Mobile wallets upping the retail ante
- Report: US, UK users vulnerable because of passwords
- Study: Images linked to email success
- Millennial Media: Video increases engagement
- UK brands fail to improve customer service response rates
- 53% of marketers crave more customer data
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...