News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ASOS to introduce real-time delivery tracking
Dedicated followers of fashion can soon be as dedicated to following their ASOS parcels, thanks to the up-coming introduction of a new, real-time delivery tracking service with live-mapping in the UK.
Independent UK online fashion retailer ASOS is to launch a new service in the UK giving customers real-time information about the progress of their deliveries, as well as the flexibility to revise delivery requirements at any stage, even on the day of delivery.
The service, called Follow My Parcel, is claimed to be the first of its kind in the delivery market. Customers will be contacted by text or email on the day of delivery, alerting them to their initial one-hour delivery slot. The arrival time can then be further narrowed down to within a 15 minute slot using a countdown feature. From then on, customers can track a parcel's progress along its route to their delivery address either on mobile or Internet, even being told the delivery driver's name.
There will be no charge for the Follow My Parcel service, which is being launched in partnership with courier DPD. The new service is a part of a wider move by ASOS to "continually exceed customer expectations".
"Knowing exactly when a parcel is being delivered helps our customers plan their day; to be at home when they need to be for a delivery, or to let them get on with what they need to do by opting to reschedule or choosing the deliver to neighbor option," Nick Robertson, chief executive of ASOS, told industry magazine Retail Week.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...