News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Aesthetics, not security, puts tablet users off mobile shopping
The tablet is often lauded as being 'the' mobile shopping device, offering a better mobile shopping experience than their smaller, smartphone cousins. However, not all is rosy in the land of tablet owners.
Failing to provide tablet users with a rich shopping experience can cost retailers significantly. Shopping search engine TheFind.com's latest research reveals that 87% of tablet owners responding to the survey use their tablets regularly to look for products online. Furthermore, 71% purchase products via their tablet, 41% of which do so at least once a month.
"Traffic from tablets is growing fast, and our iPad traffic on TheFind.com alone has increased by nearly 250% in the first quarter of 2013, compared to the same time last year. We've also seen a large increase in the short term, with our iPad traffic increasing by more than 30% between Q4 2012 and Q1 2013, and we wouldn't be surprised to see the iPad become the dominant shopping device this holiday season" said Siva Kumar, CEO, TheFind.
Yet the research, conducted by Harris Interactive among over 2,000 U.S. consumers, reveals that of tablet owners who say their device is not their preferred way to shop online 40% say it's because retailers' mobile offerings aren't giving the same experience as websites. A third (35%) felt the tablet checkout process was not always optimized for tablets and 29% felt product imagery was too small.
Both these concerns of usage and aesthetics feature above that of security. While many have concerned themselves with speculation that tablet security could impede tablet commerce, just 28% of survey respondents cited this factor as a major influence in their shopping habits.
An infographic of TheFind.com's research findings is available online.
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...