News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Aesthetics, not security, puts tablet users off mobile shopping
The tablet is often lauded as being 'the' mobile shopping device, offering a better mobile shopping experience than their smaller, smartphone cousins. However, not all is rosy in the land of tablet owners.
Failing to provide tablet users with a rich shopping experience can cost retailers significantly. Shopping search engine TheFind.com's latest research reveals that 87% of tablet owners responding to the survey use their tablets regularly to look for products online. Furthermore, 71% purchase products via their tablet, 41% of which do so at least once a month.
"Traffic from tablets is growing fast, and our iPad traffic on TheFind.com alone has increased by nearly 250% in the first quarter of 2013, compared to the same time last year. We've also seen a large increase in the short term, with our iPad traffic increasing by more than 30% between Q4 2012 and Q1 2013, and we wouldn't be surprised to see the iPad become the dominant shopping device this holiday season" said Siva Kumar, CEO, TheFind.
Yet the research, conducted by Harris Interactive among over 2,000 U.S. consumers, reveals that of tablet owners who say their device is not their preferred way to shop online 40% say it's because retailers' mobile offerings aren't giving the same experience as websites. A third (35%) felt the tablet checkout process was not always optimized for tablets and 29% felt product imagery was too small.
Both these concerns of usage and aesthetics feature above that of security. While many have concerned themselves with speculation that tablet security could impede tablet commerce, just 28% of survey respondents cited this factor as a major influence in their shopping habits.
An infographic of TheFind.com's research findings is available online.
- Survey IDs best cities for small businesses
- Expert IDs trends to watch in mobile video
- Researchers developing a super-adblocker
- Expert: How retailers can improve tentpole events
- With rise of connected Gen Y, retailers must be fit for the future
- Gaming video content audiences exceed those of HBO and ESPN
- Apple Pay adoption and use continues to wane
- Study: Mobile becoming a loyalty draw
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...