News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
Last fall uTest acquired Apphance, believing that the mobile application tool would push appeal to a global base of app developers. In the months since, the platform is showing significant growth rates, with ten times as many sessions now as last August.
Developers using Apphance receive advanced crash reports, in-app bug reporting and over-the-air build distribution. These features, along with in-app user feedback give developers insight into how an app is working and the appeal factor, while still testing, so that when an app is launched to the public many of the kinks are worked out.
"We saw a real fit for a mobile app quality tool that perfectly complements uTest "in-the-wild" testing, by enabling mobile developers to know how their apps are working across a wide range of devices, carriers, OS versions and more," said Roy Solomon, Vice President of Product Management and Co-Founder, uTest. "With Apphance, developers can distribute new versions of their app, gather crash reports, obtain bug reports and solicit user feedback, and this is a feature set that developers not only need but didn't have access to before."
The combination is a good fit - uTest is an out-of-lab testing platform which offers developers on the Apphance platform to test in real-world conditions.
"We continue to improve Apphance, by listening to the ebbs and flows of the market. Our goals are to further grow the user base and maximize user satisfaction for the uTest + Apphance solution," said Solomon. "We've updated Apphance's user interface to provide easier build management and distribution, a clearer lists of bugs and crashes, better presentation of session information, and improved team notifications and announcements. These enhancements makes it easier for in-house devs and testers to launch mobile apps that work as well in the hands of users as they do in the lab."
More from uTest and Solomon tomorrow, including tips to improve app testing.
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
- Expert: User engagement trumps viewability
- Combining contextual marketing and demographics gives 3D-view of consumer
- Research warns marketers to consider social media followers' diverse network
- Ad Roundup: Tools for content, collaboration
- Leisure travel most popular discretionary spending category in UK
- Ad Roundup: Data, ecommerce tools
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...